- Portland, OR
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Robin Legator
Looking for a ROCKSTAR SR. PR ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE in Portland
Our agency client, with offices in Portland & Charlotte, is looking for a ROCKSTAR Sr. PR AE to support key accounts and ensure development of the best strategic PR approach to drive clients’ businesses. In this role you will be an integral partner to the client team, understanding their needs and helping to develop and implement public relations plans, programs and content. You will report to & team up with a PR Account Supervisor and collaborate with other agency teammates – including account management, brand strategy, creative, digital, media and production.
- Provide support for assigned PR accounts and joint PR/advertising accounts.
- Demonstrate thorough understanding of clients’ businesses and keep abreast of industry and media trends.
- Help to develop creative communications solutions for clients that are on strategy, on time and on budget. -- Super strong writing and communication skills
- Maintain consistent client contact to ensure ongoing awareness of clients’ desires interests and understanding of work.
- Write and edit press releases, newsletters, magazine and newspaper articles, features, website articles/blogs, e-blasts, etc.
- Conduct proactive and reactive media relations.
- Create, organize and attend press events, open houses, employee events, trade shows, etc.
- Create press conference materials such press kits, speeches and background materials.
- Develop and maintain essential business community, political and press contacts, including trade, local, regional and national media.
- Arrange for clients to meet key press and business leaders, as necessary.
- Attend client meetings, status meetings, and new business meetings.
- Keep accurate client meeting notes and produce timely conference reports.
- Develop and manage measurement tools and reports.
- Work effectively with appropriate agency staff and outside resources to meet client needs.
- 6+ years of related experience
- Demonstrated account leadership, self-motivation, and interest to grow
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
- Strong track record of achieving high visibility media placements
- Strong grasp of digital landscape and technology
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and familiarity with collaborative project management tools
- Ability to travel for business when needed (and when safe to do so)
- An aptitude to drive work and take accountability for it is important. Accurately assessing people and circumstances, combined with the ability to think on your feet is imperative.