- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Tara Carr
Seeking Content Designer/UX writer - with mobile design pattern experience! ioS and Android.
Are you a writer who loves user experience design?
You’re a natural storyteller, and you have writing and editing superpowers. You also believe in the power of plain language to communicate ideas and you thrive on creating solutions that help people. You love it when the tech in your world makes things magical and fun, and you may have a technical background, or you are simply driven by a passion for making technology simpler and friendlier.
You’re a genuinely kind person with humility and integrity.
About this opportunity
We’re looking for a highly creative and tech-savvy content designer to join us.
We write the UX content for a full suite of products.Our team brings warmth, humanity, and clarity to the conversation we have with millions of customers. We take this responsibility to heart. It’s a big opportunity to do something good, genuine, and important for others.
You’ll work with our world-class designers, content creators, and engineering teams. You’ll create new product experiences, and your words will help customers learn, solve their problems, and get the most out of those products. Then you’ll use data to understand how to improve experiences and content to help customers have the magical experiences they expect. You’ll gain perspective into the future and a chance to shape how that future impacts millions of customers around the globe.
A day in the life of a content designer might include:
• Participate in a co-writing session with writers, designers, and product managers
• Brainstorm with a UX writing teammate on how make error messages more human
• Participate in a design session to uncover the core concepts, customer language, and top questions you need to support in the user experience
• Conduct competitive research to inform your content strategy and voice
• Write conversational UI content for a new user experience flow
• Join writers and designers in weekly critiques to get feedback on UX writing and content design
• Co-write a user-testing script to explore an app flow
• Grab coffee with a colleague to hear what they’re excited about and how you can help
• Join a Teams channel to contribute to a group chat about UX design patterns and content guidelines or your favorite sushi place
• Answer email (yes, it’s still a thing)
You’ll be happiest here if you:
• See words as an incredibly powerful design material for connecting with people
• Are passionate about the customer
• Are articulate and prepared
• Have a positive yet practical attitude
• Work quickly without compromising quality
• Take initiative and aren’t afraid to fail
• Design for impact.
• Have a learning mindset no matter what you’re working on
This role might not be a good fit if you:
• Work better in structured, top-down environments than in the often-ambiguous and uncertain world of creative independence
• See failure as humiliation rather than a necessary risk
• Value striving for perfection over an agile work ethic
• Write friendly, brilliantly clear UI text with language that lands perfectly within the parameters of our voice & tone principles
• Design and write content for in-product experiences that help customers achieve their goals
• Capitalize on multiple sources of customer data to inform your content design
• Understand, employ, and evangelize our content design principles, coherence guidelines, and content design evaluation tools.
• Identify opportunities for content additions, improvements, and innovations and effectively pitch those ideas to the team and stakeholders
• Perform functional and editorial quality assurance on content as appropriate
• 3 to 5 years of experience delivering UX content design projects under tight deadlines and on time
• Portfolio of UX writing/content design samples for review
• Natural and inquisitive passion for technology
• Foundational study in the UX design, Journalism, English, Creative Writing, Informatics, Communications, or related field of study
• Experience or training in Design Thinking methodology
• Experience in customer research
• Flexible, versatile writing across form factors, subject matter, and audiences
• Ability to represent content strategy as an integral part of iterative product development
• Creative collaboration and problem-solving skills
Our client is a large technology company based in Redmond, Washington with a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. They develop computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. This company enables digital transformation for the era of an intelligent cloud and an intelligent edge.
Working here, you will be part of a company that values:
- Diversity and inclusion
- Corporate social responsibility
- Trustworthy computing
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.