- Mountain View, CA; Remote; Virtual; PST Hours Required
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Jennifer McKeever
*Please note that local candidates are preferred for this role but open to candidates that are willing to work PT hours.
The UX team is looking for an Interaction Designer in Mountain View, dedicated to defining experiences for users of a program's data tools, in order to improve operator efficiency, moderation of user-generated data, and streamline workflows.
- Improve usability and productivity of various Data Foundations data tooling such as…
- Basemap features drawing and editing (roads, buildings, etc)
- Internal Street View traversing, synthesizing, and annotating
- Advanced data visualization creation and management
- Bulk data curation and management
- Internal / External Partner data provider onboarding experience
- Create detailed wireframes, mockups, and prototypes following a user-centered process to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Collaborate closely with, or conduct, research to validate concepts, and communicate results to the teams.
- Work with product, developer, and content teams to come up with UX designs and prototypes.
- Communicate effectively in a UX and cross-functional team. Ability to communicate conceptual ideas and design rationale effectively.
- Take input/requirements from multiple stakeholders across different organizations. Participate in regular design reviews.
- Develop/apply general visual style and consistent interaction patterns.
- BA degree or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of related experience
- Experience in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial, architecture), HCI, equivalent practical experience
- Expert skills in Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Experience in leading design of outstanding, large scale digital enterprise products and tools
- Experience working on desktop and/or drawing applications
- Experience managing complex projects involving many other stakeholder groups, across multiple locations and time zones
- Ability to handle multiple priorities on tight deadlines without compromising quality
- A positive, enthusiastic attitude and the ambition to tackle the biggest opportunities in the local space
One thing we know is that this client, as big as it is, is still setting the standard for not only the product they’re turning out, but for the way they conduct business.
Our client is the global leader in technology, with offices in many major cities. As different as those cities are, you can expect that the personality of each office is the same. Commonalities include bringing people together in the physical work space, outlets for creativity (outside work-related exercises), and a setup for brainstorming on the fly, whenever the opportunity strikes.
What they see in your resume, if you’re selected, is your ability to be an autonomous thinker, and a team player; someone focused, and driven to push the envelope who can also let down their guard and have fun with the team while doing it; someone who has the intellectual capacity to challenge even the most innovative thinkers without the hubris that tends to accompany it. No egos here!
Here, everyone is considered a project owner, and expected to give 100%, even when the path forward isn’t necessarily clear.
Work here, and know you’re working with a Forbes #1 rated company.
Work here, and know you’re setting the pace for digital products globally.
Work here, and find the challenge of your career!
And in case you’re afraid you won’t have time for other things, you’ll be able to take advantage of:
Fitness center access
Discounts on things like dry cleaning and oil changes
Convenient commuter shuttles
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.