- New York, NY; Menlo Park, CA; Remote; Virtual
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Jennifer McKeever
The main function of Product Marketing Manager is to support and in some cases lead marketing activities by researching, developing, and implementing marketing opportunities and plans across new app products that our team supports with marketing: Products for independent journalists, news ranking, COVID-19 Information Center, and more
- Represents Consumer Product Marketing and lead marketing initiatives across 2-3 of the product areas listed above, reporting to and with the support of PMM Lead.
- Responsible for executing on-platform marketing campaigns leveraging company-owned channels (in-product promotions, social channels, press releases).
- Coordinates with Marketing Insights team to conduct research on consumer needs, product value proposition, and messaging tests.
- Contributes to team effort of developing external consumer narratives for these products.
- Briefs and works with internal creative teams and agency partners to develop marketing assets for use in promotions and launch press releases.
- Identifies marketing opportunities by identifying consumer requirements; defining market, competitor's share, and competitor's strengths and weaknesses; forecasting projected business; establishing targeted market share.
- Verbal and written communication skills, multi-tasking, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience launching marketing campaigns and promotions in support of consumer products.
- Experience coordinating with multiple cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment where everyone is working remotely.
- Ability to work independently and manage one’s time.
- Ability to keep information organized and confidential.
- Previous experience with computer applications, such as G-Suite, Keynote, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to coordinate with remote teams across multiple time zones (mainly between Menlo Park and New York).
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communications, or journalism.
- Previous experience in product marketing at large technology company preferred.