- San Francisco, CA; Remote; Virtual; PST Hours Preferred
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Jennifer McKeever
The main function of a non-IT program manager is to plan, direct, or coordinate activities in such fields as engineering, research and development, financial systems and product roll-out, etc or any other non-IT based project.
• Coordinate projects, making detailed plans to accomplish goals, and directing the integration of technical activities.
• Present and explain proposals, reports, and findings to clients.
• Recruit employees, assign, direct, and evaluate their work, and oversee the development and maintenance of staff competence.
• Analyze technology, resource needs and market demand, to plan and assess the feasibility of projects.
• Confer with management, production, and marketing staff to discuss project specifications and procedures.
• Review and recommend or approve contracts and cost estimates.
• Direct, review, and approve product designs and changes.
• Consult or negotiate with clients to prepare project specifications.
• Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, attention to detail, and interpersonal skills.
• Strong ability to work independently and manage one’s time.
• Strong leadership and mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback.
• Strong knowledge of production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
• Strong knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, and production methods.
• Strong knowledge of computer software, such as MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, Visio etc.
• Bachelor's degree in business administration or a related field.
• PMI or PMP certification preferred.