- New York
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Erica Schmidt
Remote until safe to go into the office.
We are Johnson & Johnson, the most recognized health and personal care company in the world. Founded in 1886, J&J is a Fortune 50 company with nearly 128,000 employees in more than 275 companies across 60 countries. We blend heart, science and ingenuity to profoundly change the trajectory of health for humanity. This is our purpose.
This is what sets us apart.
The J&J Design Studio (JJD) works globally across the Company’s business segments: Consumer, Pharma, Medical Device and Corporate. By utilizing the power of design, we optimize the user experience for consumers, employees, healthcare providers and patients.
We are not a traditional design studio. Because we collaborate with our business partners at the inception of new product development, we are able to apply design thinking and craft creative solutions to products being developed.
We are committed to creating an authentic and inclusive environment where you will thrive both personally and professionally.
You are focused, enthusiastic and analytical as a digital product design practitioner. You are hands-on, love details, and know how to help take a complex challenge and deliver an elegant solution.
You have empathy for people—from patients to healthcare professionals to employees. You have a real passion for interaction design and a talent for strategic thinking, and research insights and business goals inform your concepts.
You help create design solutions that work flawlessly.
You will contribute as a part of a team conducting product research, defining strategy, and informing user experience and interaction design to deliver experiences that engage people. You will help deliver products and services such as digital healthcare platforms, mobile apps, or software applications.
You have a high comfort level with facing ambiguity within a large organization. You have the highest level of personal integrity and put ego aside to drive toward the best outcomes possible.
You are a self-starter with fresh ideas and new approaches. You think big and love to expand your skill sets to help bring new ideas to life. You are highly motivated and will deliver only excellent-quality work.
You also switch easily between concept development and execution and are a talented and creative problem solver.
- You are comfortable contributing to large, complex digital design projects through hands-on delivery solutions that meet people’s needs, fulfill business requirements and are technically feasible
- You are eager to create design solutions for a wide spectrum of clinical and nonclinical users in business, hospital and operating room environments
- You study and adhere to standards, guidelines and usability best practices required in a highly regulated health-care environment without sacrificing design integrity and optimal user experience
- You consistently exceed expectations when building engaging, people-centered digital experiences
- As a strategic thinker and an accomplished designer, you will create clear, precise experience maps, user flows, interaction models, wireframes, a polished user interface design and toolkits
- You are highly skilled in rapid prototyping methods ranging from paper to interactive digital prototypes
Please be an advocate to drive and execute environmentally sustainable design solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field is required; a Master’s is preferred
- Hands-on digital design experience is required
- Experience in the end-to-end digital product design process, from research and strategy to validation and asset development
- Excellent collaboration skills as a key contributor are required
- Exposure to IT and agile best practices, co-creation and the iterative design process is required
- Working knowledge and an active curiosity about technologies such as Intelligent Automation, AI and AR/VR/MR ideal
- Excellent organization and communication skills, both verbal and written, and superior presentation skills are required
- Demonstrated understanding of designing and building digital experiences at scale is required
- Proficiency in Adobe XD and the willingness to learn other tools are required
- Ability to incorporate feedback and diverse perspectives into successful design solutions is required
Please include the link to your online portfolio on your resume and with your application to be considered for the position.
Above all else
- Friendly, thoughtful and perpetually curious
- Humble to your core with a sharp emotional intelligence
- Able to build trust, even when communicating a dissenting point of view