- Chicago, IL
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Robin Legator
Amazing Sr. RETAIL STRATEGIST Opportunity on Top Tier Client Account
Our client, a consumer engagement agency that believes in the power of experience to build brands, is looking for a Sr. Retail Strategist to join their Retail Experience Team. This key team is passionate about turning out the most effective, brand building, andbehavior changing marketing materials imaginable for one of the most iconic brands in the world. Their model is led by data and fueled by cultural insight. With a focus on retail communications and activations that drive the business, our solutions are built around the ways real humans actually behave. You will play an integral role in developing and crafting strategic plans for our key marketing clients. Having a strong knack for business, you are creative and full of ideas, and can easily articulate them to others in a clear and digestible way.
- This role will have a strong and consistent presence with key clients as well as partner with internal account, creative, and interagency colleagues to plan effective, targeted programs, always ensuring the delivery of strategy across our client’s work.
- Support planning activity for promotion, design, customer journey, retail merchandizing, shopper, and digital channels to create relevant insights and identify brand opportunities.
- Identify key insights from existing client data, trends, blogs and determine relevant consumer, brand or marketing program implications.
- Conduct research, both primary and secondary, to deliver true consumer insight; conduct stakeholder, consumer and prospect interviews.
- Develop client-facing and internal briefing documents that guide creative development for cross-functional partners.
- Stay abreast of the new tools and methodologies within the consumer and brand insights space.
- Assist and moderate brainstorms that are collaborative, inspiring and maximize team contribution.
- Collaborate and grow the role of Insight & Strategy by fostering effective working relationships with clients, internal teams and integrated agency partners.
- Monitor developments within the client's industry and feed this knowledge to the rest of the team.
- Support thought leadership initiatives and grow strategic capabilities based on key consumer and digital trends
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE WOULD LIKE YOU TO HAVE:
- 3-5 years' experience in a marketing/advertising agency account planning group or brand consulting firm
- Proven ability in account planning and/or Retail Strategy
- An understanding and passion for retail marketing and/or experience with retail brands and marketing teams
- Highly collaborative with ability to build partnerships across different teams and people
- Innate curiosity with an ability to connect insights and gain inspiration from disparate sources
- Exceptional thinking and influence skills are required
- Fantastic presenter and storyteller; able to present complex ideas clearly
- Solid understanding of how the analytics function and its output affects planning & strategy insights
- Experience contributing to brand positioning and applying customer insight to the development of marketing campaigns
- Experience in conducting/contributing to primary research and expertise in secondary research analysis
- Comfortable working in highly flexible, ever changing entrepreneurial environments