- Bay Area (local preferred, but remote possible)
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Tova Dodge
This marketing communications group is responsible for developing breakthrough marketing campaigns that incorporate all communications disciplines.
As a Designer on this Interactive Product Launch team, you will work closely with creative and technical disciplines to create considered and elegant design solutions for apple.com and other interactive platforms.
The ideal candidate has strong communication and presentation skills, a strong design aesthetic, experience leading a small team of designers and inspires positive collaboration with multi-disciplinary stakeholders, a deep understanding of branding principles, style guides, and systematic design rationale, Photoshop expertise, knowledge of HTML, and exceptional attention to detail.
● High proficiency in the formal elements of design, including typography, layout, balance, proportion, rhythm, emphasis, and unity.
● Ability to thrive in a challenging, fast-paced, creative workplace and to deliver quality design at a high volume in a tight timeframe.
● Photoshop expertise, including intelligently organizing files for design iteration, setting up files for web production, and adhering to graphic design standards.
● Reliable judgment to see when work may be “off track” and initiative to collaborate with others to find solutions.
● Passion for nurturing relationships, mentoring, and rallying teams to align around a vision.
● Ability to articulate ideas and be clearly understood by creative, project management, and development staff, both in verbal and in written format.
● Clear communication and presentation skills that speak to both creative and technical audiences.
● Prototyping ability to convey preferred states, motion, and/or behaviors for interactive concepts.
● Strong understanding of web development, including HTML, CSS, iOS, and other technologies.
● Strong understanding of the voice, aesthetic, and tone of the company.
● Experience in visual design for the web, mobile and/or app design.
● Create original designs that align to project goals and overall creative direction, fluid templates and Apple standards.
● Collaborate with Art Directors, ACDs, and the larger project team to explore concepts and iterate on design layouts. Anticipate and solve for potential design challenges, as well as existing conditions.
● Prepare for creative reviews by outputting optimized files and presentation materials.
● Guide ideas to meet both creative and business goals within the project scope.
● Present persuasively and clearly articulate design rationale for project creative solutions.
● Consult with technical disciplines to ensure designs work within given limitations, and files are prepared with all necessary information to support the design intent.
● Review final deliverables with an exacting eye, ensuring that layout, images, and typography are flawless.
● Continually seek opportunities to refine design thinking and improve workflows.
BA or BFA in Graphic Design or other related design discipline
Our client, a leader in consumer electronics, is one of the greatest, most innovative, world-changing companies ever created! More like a cluster of start-ups versus a large company, they are single-handedly credited with creating some of the most impactful products of this generation.
Working alongside some of the brightest and most talented people, the work you do here will add up to something big that could not be done anywhere else. There is no doubt that your best work will be brought out achieving some hefty goals at a heroic pace.
One thing we know is that you WILL NOT ever be bored.
Here are some more things you can expect:
- Wi-fi equipped shuttle service
- Free parking
- Onsite cafeteria
WORKING WITH AQUENT: long-term assignments with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things:
- You're paid weekly
- Subsidized health (including term life and LTD) and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k)
- Access to FSA Program
- Direct deposit for your pay check
- Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
- Access to free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com/
- Access to free online courses via Lynda.com
- Aquent support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)