- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Tara Carr
This part time contract position will produce customer-ready troubleshooting guidance to help customers better understand the end-to-end troubleshooting experience with our product and related products. The writer will:
Quickly get up to speed on the service by creating a test tenant and briefly familiarize themselves with the documentation and our Customer Success blog.
• Review documentation specific to the subject for the troubleshooting guide. Review any provided materials (which may be PII) including case notes and emails. Prepare questions for interviewing the SME.
• Interview the Service Engineer, PM, and/or engineer (record interview(s)).
• Draft content outline, review with SME.
• Draft content following our style standards
• Produce final revised content. If doc-related, post to Github. If blog post (in all likelihood) work with comms team to post.
• Repeat for remainder of the content. Up to the writer if they’d like to work on multiple troubleshooting stories at once or to focus on one at a time.
• Additional troubleshooting content or editorial requests as time allows.
• 5+ years of technical writing experience
• Experience creating technical, customer facing content for IT pros
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Technical Communications, English, or related field preferred. Work related experience may substitute for degree.
Our client is a large technology company based in Redmond, Washington with a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. They develop computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. This company enables digital transformation for the era of an intelligent cloud and an intelligent edge.
Working here, you will be part of a company that values:
- Diversity and inclusion
- Corporate social responsibility
- Trustworthy computing
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.