- Scottsdale, AZ OR Chicago, IL OR Dallas, TX
- Job Terms:
- up to $75/hour (DOE)
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Lindsay DesRochers
Title: Product Designer - Full Stack
Location: Irving TX, Buffalo Grove IL or Scottsdale AZ
REQUIRED: Minimum of 4 years experience
Ideal candidate will have the following:
• Leading true User Centered Design
• Lean UX
• XP (or SAFe/Agile) as a member of a product team
• Facilitating user research (exploratory and usability)
• Facilitating design workshops / sessions
• Creating UX maps/diagrams, wires, prototypes, high fidelity mock-ups
As a UX Product Designer, you will be an integral part of an innovative and bold initiative that takes a modern approach of disciplined agile and lean software practices aimed at transforming healthcare and pharmacy. The UX Product Designer is essential to ensuring product success and end-user satisfaction in a highly collaborative environment that follows the Extreme Programming (XP) methodology. The UX Product Designer position is responsible for taking a user-centered approach to design in finding the right solution for users as part of small, cross-functional product teams. You will help educate both business and technology teams on the XP process and how the traditional UX role changes, as well as lead products from discovery through iterative delivery.
A firm understanding of user-centered design principles and user research methodologies is crucial for success in the role. Empathy, creative problem-solving, comfort with uncertainty, pairing with team members, excellent communication skills, curiosity and learning are the foundational characteristics of the UX Product Designer.
Additional responsibilities of the UX Product Designer include:
‒ Solve the right problem through the understanding of user needs in order to deliver new or improved products and services that have real impact
‒ Bring a lean/iterative mindset; be open to having conversations over documentation
‒ Full-stack designer: assist with all dimensions of design – research, usability evaluation, information architecture, wireframes, visual, CSS and HTML – it’s ok not be an expert in all, as long as you are open and want to learn
‒ Work with cross-functional teams and pair with everyone – other designers, product managers, and product engineers
‒ Embrace an agile mindset: be willing to adapt and experiment with design process
‒ Stay up-to-date on UX/UI design industry best practices and trends
• 5+ years’ professional experience as a UX Architect, UX Designer, or Product Designer role.
• 2+ years’ experience in at least one of the 3 design pillars: user research, interaction design or visual design.
• 1+ years of working effectively with Agile and lean philosophies
• 1+ years’ experience working independently with clients or stakeholder and designing business or enterprise applications
• 1+ years’ experience executing user-centered design methodologies by leading product design decisions from research through implementation
• 1+ years’ experience working in design and prototyping software tools such as Axure, InVision or Sketch
• 1+ year of experience with modern front-end technologies and open source frameworks (e.g. Material Design, HTML/CSS, grid systems, responsive design)
• Experience with UX design advocacy within large business and technology organizations
• Exceptional written, verbal, and visual communication skills along with a strong work ethic
• Ability to rapidly prototype
• Willingness to present on design topics internally
• Knowledge of the pharmacy and healthcare industries
• Knowledge of cloud-based technology platforms
Bachelor's Degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Fine Arts, Computer Science or Similar. Equivalent years of experience in lieu of degree considered.
- Makes it their mission to guide people toward better health
- Is considered by Fast Company to be amongst the most innovative companies
- Is listed by Forbes as one of the world’s most admired companies
- This includes altering the products they offer at retail to more health-conscious offerings!
Our client has recently made a move toward a major merger, which means this is a great time to get involved! Two big industry brands coming together.
Working here gets you into a fast-paced environment, with tons of cross-functional working relationships. You’d have exposure to a number of teams related to any project you’re working on, and we sometimes see freelancers convert to permanent employees on teams they’ve had the opportunity to interact with. This is definitely a standout opportunity!
WHY YOU WANT TO WORK THROUGH AQUENT:
We care about your CAREER GOALS.
- We offer resume & portfolio review + interview prep. You'll feel set for success!
- Learn for free: https://thegymnasium.com/
- Who is AQUENT: www.youtube.com/watch?v=5z-n8nfytuM
- Pay it forward: https://aquent.com/rewards/
Working with AQUENT gets you access to some pretty cool things, including:
- Subsidized health, vision and dental benefits
- Access to Fidelity 401(k) and FSA Program
- Direct deposit for your weekly paycheck
- Check our Benefits out. Up to 85% subsidy