- Remote (EST hours)
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Mark Gatza
We are looking for a Sr. Art Director/Designer to support a creative services team across several lines of business.
As a senior graphic designer, you are a talented and motivated creative professional with design strategy and innovative solutions at your core. You’ll consult with internal clients to cultivate and maintain strong relationships. You’ll collaborate with art directors, cross-disciplinary teams, stakeholders and clients to develop and execute compelling design solutions and engaging ideas rooted in strategy that moves business forward.
As a strong communicator and conceptual thinker, you’ll leverage your proven ability to articulate ideas and implement advanced creative solutions for multifaceted design projects. You’ll exhibit business acumen, create innovative design solutions and keep abreast of industry trends. You’ll be instrumental in contributing to a high-performing team environment and passionate about mentoring peers and delivering outstanding client experiences.
You can expect to conduct design consultations while navigating conversations with knowledge and insight toward business solutions. You’ll develop and co-develop creative briefs, storyboards and layouts to effectively communicate design ideas that are persuasive and inclusive. You’ll conceptualize and execute design solutions that align with business objectives while offering elevated client and team experiences. You’ll design clear and visually compelling campaigns, pitches and presentations. You’ll mentor creative project team members in developing conceptual skills and provide constructive feedback to implement the project vision.
You are a hands-on Art Director/Designer empowering creative teams and developing award-winning creative.
To qualify for the role, you must have:
• Creative portfolio demonstrating outstanding conceptual thinking and design skills
• Five-plus years of related experience as a senior graphic designer
• Experience working in a fast paced, matrixed agency or in-house team environment to develop a range of creative initiatives
• Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft; proficiency in prototyping, Microsoft Office and Teams
• Strong knowledge and skills in designing interactive and static presentations
• Ability to understand the internal client’s vision through active listening, advanced communication and diplomacy with business partners, project owners, managers and internal team members
• Ability to develop creative briefs, mood and image boards
• Ability to lead ideation sessions with creative colleagues and clients
• Sound business acumen to adapt while working alongside client-serving professionals
• Excel at managing multiple projects, prioritizing milestones, and influencing clients and design colleagues to deliver desirable solutions within time frame and budget
• Ability to initiate and successfully engage in creative ideation sessions and design sprints
• Advanced technical understanding of digital media and print design in-house and with vendors
Essential functions of job:
• Proactively foster exceptional client relationships to build trust and collaboration that leads to the co-development of new opportunities
• Actively listen to fully comprehend stakeholder’s strategic vision and influence the development of the creative brief, which drives the story
• Conceptualize and execute on sophisticated solutions that align to business objectives while offering elevated client experiences
• Initiate and lead creative ideation sessions inspiring new design perspectives
• Partner with cross-disciplinary teams to drive innovation and creativity in developing strategies across various media channels and platform capabilities
• Collaborate and consult with internal client and creative teams to analyze, develop, lead and execute assigned projects within budget and timelines
• Develop and design desirable, engaging ideas rooted in strategy that moves business forward
• Shares standards, leading practices and creative trends with the creative team
• Brief and collaborate with team members to execute concepts and projects
• Strong ability to articulate and present design concepts that are aligned to business objectives
• Maintain advanced knowledge and raise awareness in support of the brand while coaching team members to be highly knowledgeable “brand stewards”
Knowledge and Skills:
• Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Acrobat), XD. Knowledge of Adobe Experience Manager is a plus.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, SharePoint)
• Develops comprehensive briefs, storyboards and layouts to effectively communicate design ideas
• Influences clients to choose design and deliverable solutions within budget
• Acts as continuous solutions improvement liaison between client-serving and creative staff
• Experience communicating directly with business partners, project owners and managers; superb communication skills, active listening and diplomacy when dealing with internal team members and business partners
• creating pieces that are ADA compliant
Why do you want to work through AQUENT?
- Aquent offers an amazing benefits package. For every hour you work – we'll subsidize a good portion of your medical, vision and dental premium.
- A team of agents that are invested in your career. We support you throughout the course of your assignment to make sure you’re happy and progressing according to your expectations (we’re also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you’re close to wrapping up)
- We reward for referrals! Who do you know? http://aquent.us/rewards/
Working with Aquent gets you access to some great things, including:
Subsidized health and dental benefits
Access to Fidelity 401(k) and FSA Program
Direct deposit for your weekly paycheck
Access to free online courses via AQUENT’s Gymnasium (http://gymnasium.aquent.com) to develop your skills