- Remote (PST Preferred, but not required)
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Tova Dodge
We follow a simple but vital premise in the UX group: "Focus on the user and all else will follow." We're passionately interested in our users and strive to learn everything we can about their goals and needs, attitudes and emotions to help define the products and experiences we create. The UX team is a critical driving force behind gathering these insights and then using them to inspire and inform design and strategy. We are a multi-disciplinary team of interaction designers, visual designers, user researchers, and copywriters who collaborate closely with each other and with Engineering and Product Management to create innovative, usable, great-looking products that people love to use.
The Golden Age of Television is happening now with more content, viewers, and opportunities to innovate than ever before. Our company s positioned to reinvent television through existing TV offerings and inventing new TV products for launch. The goal of the TV UX team is to reimagine television and partner with our cross functional counterparts to bring revolutionary TV experiences to market.
The TV team is a platform entertainment experience spanning television, streaming set-top boxes, game consoles, mobile and web. We’re designing a cinematic experience that helps users discover and enjoy content—like TV shows, movies, and live events—while addressing the dynamic nature of households, families, and opportunities in the living room.
As a UX Researcher, you'll have the opportunity to support research activities in developing innovative, user-friendly, best-of-breed products. We are looking for individuals who have excellent communication skills, are diligent, detail-oriented, and can work independently within a team structure.
* Master’s in Human Factors, Industrial Engineering, Cognitive Science, Experimental Psychology, Human Computer Interaction or similar field emphasizing human performance and behavior.
* Experience and comfort with running moderated and unmoderated studies is required.
* 3-5 years' experience in research for user experience design for product development is required:
* Demonstrated proficiency in either qualitative or quantitative user research & analysis methods.
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
* Supporting and conducting moderated and unmoderated studies (concept validation, rapid iterative research, surveys, literature reviews, competitive analyses).
* Data collection, research spreadsheet creation
* Analyzing and interpreting data to generate insights and recommendations into compelling reports
Nice to haves:
Technical aptitude, strong working ability with technology products and/or prototypes for hardware and software.
* Detail oriented and ability to work independently on a variety of tasks
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Visual communications skills for research (e.g., graphs, charts and slides layout)
* Able to prioritize time between multiple projects, and be flexible by adapting to changing timelines