- Bolingbrook, IL
- Job Terms:
- Hourly Rate
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Anne Baesemann
Aquent's top client is looking for a Graphic Designer. Chicago area preferred. Possible return to office late fall. (SW Suburbs must be able to commute)
Looking for a very strong and sophisticated designer who can handle a variety of promotional design, instore graphics and magazine layouts.
Essential Job Functions
• Develops cohesive design systems connecting printed pieces and in store signage for our seasonal and promotional campaigns.
• Creates new and existing design in the store environment including signs, lighted fixtures, floor decals, window clings, retail graphics, endcaps and hanging overhead signs and other fixture graphics.
• Design dynamic layouts for our weekly magazines and other printed collateral.
• Re-skins existing collateral or creates new elements to enhance the store experience.
• Flexible and nimble when it comes to managing changes, layout rework within the design process.
• Works collaboratively with team members with a friendly and flexible attitude
• Contributes design ideas proactively and does not wait for “the answer” from supervisor.
• Provides a unique point of view for the store's Beauty’s in-store presentation
• Collaborates with mag and tab and digital design when needed to ensure a consistent omnichannel brand experience for our guests.
• PORTFOLIO showing unique, modern and sophisticated point of view in design -- can design for a store environment including signs, floor decals, window clings, retail graphics, weekly magazines and other printed collateral.
• 5 years Graphic Design experience with a passion for the Cosmetic brands.
• Retail Design or Shopper Marketing experience a must.
• Strong knowledge of Adobe Suite (Microsoft Office)
• Ability to follow established processes and procedures
• Strong organizational skills, quick execution style
• Ability to work independently and meet deadlines on a multitude of concurrent tasks
• Must be discreet with confidential information of which he/she has access
• Forward-think and make decisions with confidence
• Fast, efficient, organized
• Not above production or changing direction at a moment’s notice
• Must have an exceptional eye for beauty and beauty products.
• Strong retail design execution.
• Strong sketching skills
• Innovative layout design
• Constant Innovation on how to display products in retail environments
• Ability to break dense copy with interesting typography, iconography and unexpected design choices while still respecting the offer’s hierarchy
• Ability to take creative criticism and quickly adjust the design to correct
• Offer a unique, modern and sophisticated point of view and is confident in making a recommendation
• Mature, good sense of humor, ability to maintain composure and work with others
• Work within a team with a positive attitude
• Elevated design aesthetic and articulate design choices to Senior Design Manager/ Creative Director.
• Understands the branding and is enthusiastic about the opportunity at hand
• 4 Year Minimum college degree in Graphic Design or equivalent
* Drug and background screen if you are chosen for the job - Senior Graphic Designer (651977)