- San Francisco
- Job Terms:
- Posted By:
- Jessica Grenier
Our client is looking for an Assistant Merch Manager to join a passionate and collaborative team responsible for managing and running the Jewelry & Beauty Category of business while developing and incubating high growth potential categories. We lead and coordinate all initiatives to drive sales, buyer and seller success, and all seller and selection management necessary to build out our categories for success.
We appreciate a self-starter who can juggle numerous projects at once and prioritize the needs of multiple internal and external stakeholders simultaneously.
Ability to build strong relationships and advocate for the business are a must.
We are searching for a highly motivated Assistant Category Manager to assist in the following:
• Design and develop strategies for selection, pricing, and promotion of merchandise (based on trends, historical
performance, and category prioritization) to meet organization’s objectives for sales, margin, inventory turn, and
• Grow and develop relationships with sellers across multiple categories to procure on-demand inventory at
• Partner with the deals team on the scheduling of relevant deal items for both evergreen campaigns and seasonal
assortments providing sales & subsidy projections/asks, and submitting deals suggestions to generate profitable
deals (in all applicable categories).
Skills you'll use every day:
• Leadership, partnership and collaboration.
• Problem solving.
• Excellent priority setting, planning and organizing skills.
• High degree of attention to detail.
• Strong interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills, including persuasion and advocacy skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• 1-3+ years of equivalent experience preferred, in an e-commerce or other environment.
COMFORTABLE IN EXCEL IS A MUST!