- Austin, Texas OR San Francisco, CA OR Omaha, NE
- Job Terms:
- $55-75/hour (DOE) + benefits & 401K
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Chelsea Caudill
AQUENT is seeking a Conversation Designer who is passionate about solving customer problems and creating chatbot experiences that are elegant and effective. The AI platform you will be working on has both voice and chatbot functionalities and we'd love someone who has work on either a chatbot experience or VUI platform.
You will define, design, and refine a frictionless end-to-end service and support experience for our voice, chatbot, online and IoT technologies. With the ability to cut through the noise and focus on what really matters, you will collaborate with technology, data, and business stakeholders to transform user needs across key moments of the customer journey into natural, engaging, and consistent experiences using conversational AI technology. You are customer-centric, continuously demonstrate strategic & analytical abilities, and are laser focused on executing at scale. You must have the ability to succeed in a matrix environment, where success is dependent on your ability to collaborate with cross-functional partners in a positive, productive, and transparent way.
Conversation Designer Responsibilities:
• Understand PayPal’s strategic and competitive position to deliver products that are recognized best in class
• Work closely with the Product Management and Product Development Team (Product, UX, Engineering) to define, deliver, and refine conversational AI experiences that are effective, engaging, and consistent across all modalities.
• Create sample dialogs, Conversational flow diagrams, and mockups to effectively communicate voice and text interactions and design ideas.
• Conceptualize and iterate on conversational designs as part of the end-to-end voice and UI experiences in collaboration with the UX and content teams, as well as the design system team. And partner with UX on new conversational UI patterns needed.
• Implement intents and the associated phrases, entities, contexts, and business rules that define distinct conversational experiences.
• Perform analysis of conversation paths and flows to identify opportunities and inform future designs and refine the production dialog flows.
• Apply concepts and practices related to Natural language Processing/Understanding, sentiment analysis, Intent classification, dialog flows, text-to-speech, and speech-to-text to the conversational design process.
• Create a deep understanding of our Customers. Analyze current customer experiences to define friction points and create seamless and effortless experiences.
• Educate internal colleagues and stakeholders to understand the key concepts of conversation design.
• Build trust and effective relationships with peers/cross-functional teams and provide leadership across the product, engineering, and business teams.
Conversation Designer - Minimum qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
• 4+ years’ experience in conversational design.
• Understand how data from API calls, databases, and other underlying technologies fit into experience design and collaborate with developers on solutions.
• Strong ability to translate product needs to technology and understand technology. Detail-oriented, unfazed by technical detail, committed to flawless execution.
• Ability to participate in technical discussions and help make technical trade-offs.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Team player; ability to interface and build relations at all levels
• Experience creating user requirements.
• Experience in designing voice interaction flows.
• Experience with prototyping voice user experiences.
• Experience with Google DialogFlow.
• Empathy for the user experience.
• Strong technical leadership, project management, analytical problem solving, and troubleshooting skills.
• Ability to collaborate, build consensus, deliver, and drive technical decisions with various sized customer stakeholder groups.