- Job Terms:
- Posted By:
- Kate Gottfried
We are Johnson & Johnson, the most recognized health and personal care company in the world. Founded in 1886, J&J is a Fortune 50 company with nearly 128,000 employees in more than 275 companies across 60 countries. We blend heart, science and ingenuity to profoundly change the trajectory of health for humanity. This is our purpose. This is what sets us apart.
The J&J Design Studio (JJD) works globally across the Company’s business segments: Consumer, Pharma, Medical Device and Corporate. By utilizing the power of design, we optimize the user experience for consumers, employees, healthcare providers and patients.
We are not a traditional design studio. Because we collaborate with our business partners at the inception of new product development, we are able to apply design thinking and craft creative solutions to products being developed.
We are committed to creating an authentic and inclusive environment where you will thrive both personally and professionally.
The Account Lead is a critical thinker and planner, and contributes significantly to the strategy, program development and creative execution of work streams from the very start of the project; and are a champion of user-centered design approaches and solutions from initial strategy and inception through to launch and implementation.
You have the kind of comprehensive experience that logically translates and coherently transfers to healthcare. You naturally wear a variety of hats and are comfortable in hitting the ground running on different types of projects.
This position intersects business and design; you will be the bridge and the strategic liaison between the business partners J&J Design, extending the project lead’s proximity to the business.
You are a self-starter and a confident leader. You have a high level of purpose and will only deliver excellence in work quality.
- You have a clear point of view that is articulated through a thoughtful and considered approach to achieve strategic results
- You are adept at moving business goals and dense insights into focused and actionable plans to drive forward quickly into implementation
- You are a valued partner in the development and application of customer- and patient-centered design frameworks for use in the evolution of holistic pharmaceutical product solutions. Instructions for Use, secondary packaging graphics and professional training materials are among key areas of focus
- You are a skilled manager with oversight of a variety of design projects, defining scope, goals and deliverables to be completed within set timelines and budgets
- You have the capacity and bandwidth to manage multiple projects consecutively and successfully
- You will work effectively within Janssen design control, regulatory and compliance practices
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required; a concentration in Management or Marketing is preferred
- Baseline understanding and/or experience in the pharmaceutical sector is a plus
- Experience in the understanding of disease states and chronic disease management is preferred
- Understanding of the pharmaceutical clinical trial process is preferred
- Knowledge of human factors/usability guidance and FDA regulations is preferred
- A minimum of 7 - 9 years’ experience in strategy, design or program management is required; start-up experience will also be considered
- An active and enthusiastic interest in designing healthcare experiences and crafting resolutions that positively affect patient experience is required
- Strong visual, written, and oral communication skills are required
- Ability to work collaboratively, managing myriad multi-disciplinary teams and distilling complex information is required
- Financial budgeting skills and competency is required, as well as strong strategic project and account management capabilities
Above all else
- Friendly, thoughtful and perpetually curious
- Humble to your core with a sharp emotional intelligence
- Able to build trust, even when communicating a dissenting point of view
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.