- Detroit (remote)
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Rebecca Pavlik
Sr. Graphic Designer-Accessibility/ADA Specialist - Project Based variable hour opportunity
The Aquent Studios Sr. Graphic Designer-Accessibility/ADA Specialist will report to the Aquent Studios Director and will work to develop concepts and execute visual designs for major campaigns according to client-provided creative briefs. The senior designer is responsible for applying the client’s established branding guidelines and ensuring completed work meets client quality expectations. The designer is also responsible for ensuring work is completed within stated timeframes and the agreed-upon project budget. Projects are primarily print and digital marketing communications. Candidates should be comfortable working in a highly regulated industry such as financial, pharmaceutical, or insurance and have advanced experience with Accessibility/WCAG 2.0 & 2.1 requirements and tools. This is a client-facing position and the Sr. Designer will also need to advise various clients on WCAG/ADA needs, best practices, suggest tools & solutions.
Utilizing Adobe Creative Cloud, the Graphic Designer’s responsibilities will also include preparing graphic files for various platforms while maintaining the integrity of the content art, design, and brand.
● Develop a keen understanding of clients’ visual brands, style guides, target audiences, and communication objectives
● Responsible for reviewing and understanding project scopes, objectives, requirements, and budget parameters
● Design, layout, and format graphic files to print specifications, and customer requirements including WCAG/ADA/Accessibility requirements
● Present creative concepts to account management and clients as required, articulating how the design strategy will achieve specified objectives
● Help identify and define best practice while managing multiple projects and timelines concurrently, taking ownership of all deliverables, explaining to the client WCAG/ADA/Accessibility best practices, and solutions to provide high-quality ADA compliant materials
● Exhibit a high level of accuracy when reviewing externally supplied files, setting up client files, and/or pre-flight of newly produced files
● Proactively inform management about project changes, issues, or concerns, including issues of scope, schedule, process, and quality
● Resolve project issues effectively and collaboratively with the project team
● Responsible for accurately tracking and reporting time against projects, updating project tracking information, and assisting as requested, with estimating resources and project costs
● Availability to work a flexible schedule depending on client deadlines and volume of projects
● Work on special projects or other tasks, as assigned by the Program Manager and/or Art Director
Required Skills and Qualifications:
● Can translate a creative brief into impactful designs that advance clients’ strategies and achieve marketing goals while maintaining brand standards, budgets, and timelines.
● Exhibit an excellent customer service attitude at all times, and effectively represent Aquent Studios at all times
● Have deep knowledge and understanding of WCAG 2.0 & 2.1, ADA/Accessibility compliance best practices, tools, and solutions and be able to implement these in design
● Portfolio must include multiple ADA compliant samples.
● Ability to initiate and articulate concepts across various forms of media and collateral
● Ability to create custom graphics/illustrations based on defined parameters
● Can organize disparate source materials into cohesive relevant design
● Excellent command of formats, typography, graphics, and layout
● Ability to respond and perform swiftly and seamlessly in a rapidly changing environment
● Demonstrated knowledge and experience in creating print-ready files to required specifications
● Communicates easily and effectively with all levels of the organization; strong presentation skills
● Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and independently under continual deadline constraints with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple quick-turn projects and changing priorities
● A high level of flexibility and the ability to work in a very fast-paced environment are key.
● Bachelor’s degree in a related field or comparable work experience
● 7+ years of experience in advertising, design, and/or marketing communications with at least 3 years designing impactful corporate ads and B2B marketing campaign materials within corporate identity guidelines
● In-depth experience in working with WCAG standards including 2.0 & 2.1 in a print and or document environment (PDF’s, & similar)
● Proven proficiency and understanding of Microsoft Office Suite including Windows, Excel, and PowerPoint
● Proven proficiency and understanding of Adobe Creative Suite programs including but not limited InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
● Proven proficiency and understanding of ADA/WCAG tools and solutions including testing tools and more
● Proven experience working in a 100% remote work environment
● Accessible Document Specialist Certification
● Digital ADA experience
AQUENT STUDIOS: Why work with us?
Long term career opportunities supporting Fortune 500 brands
Comprehensive health and dental insurance subsidized
401(k) through Fidelity
FSA's and Voluntary insurance programs
Access to free training and continuing education
Aquent Studios is a global creative studio that delivers scale, speed and efficiency to the world’s most recognized brands. We create the work that matters the most to them—work that has a real impact on their business. As an Aquent Studio team member, you’ll have the opportunity to engage with the largest and most influential companies in the world, solving design challenges and extending their brands across tactic types and platforms, including digital design, UI/UX, video, motion, content, print design, web development, and more. If you want to do work that matters in a collaborative setting that values ingenuity and personal growth, you have found the right place!