- Rosemead, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- PJ Kitchen
Our energy client is seeking Sr. IT Project Manager to join thier dynamic team for a long term temporary position. This position is remote until late summer/early fall at which point it will be fully onsite in Rosemead, CA. Near site applicants who are able to travel client site are required.
- The successful resource will manage the planning and scheduling for a complex program involving a highly diverse team.
- Use Microsoft tools such as MS Project 2013 and SharePoint to optimize work flow among the various streams and mitigate dependencies.
- Coordinate with planning teams from partner groups to ensure plans are executable and up to date.
- Maintain the master IT program schedule as change occurs.
- Conduct regular update meetings with project managers to ensure program information is timely and accurate for scenario planning and decision making.
- Each workstream of the program has multiple disciplines involved including Information Technology and Electrical Engineering. The project team is comprised of multiple stakeholder groups including IT, several Operating Units, 3rd party vendors, and regulatory agencies including the CPUC.
- Directs, leads, and coordinates activities of projects to ensure established milestones are accomplished in accordance with client business objectives.
- Develops project budgets and uses the business case to justify/request project budget and provides input to planning budget, security, configuration management, and problem management processes.
- Monitors staff and contractor efforts and use of resources to ensure effective and efficient expenditures and attainment of project goals and designs or conducts analytical studies, cost benefit analysis, and other research, and reports on milestones and budget.
- Determines and secures all resources required to plan, analyze, develop, and implement the assigned project.
- Assembles a team of technical experts and acquires resources including corporate and vendor IT services, equipment, and other necessary items and coordinates resources across organizational elements if necessary.
- Defines project scope, requirements, and deliverables during the phase of all project management, makes improvements and takes action to mitigate the problems.
- Assesses and mitigates risks throughout the project; develops the product release plan coordinates implementation of the final product; coordinates the quality assurance processes; develops and manages project documentation requirements or procedures; directs project status meetings, phases, milestones, and final project review.
- 7 years + working with Microsoft Project pro
- Demonstrated ability to build custom reports and Dashboards in MS Project
- 3 years leading project teams leading projects with teams larger than 7 members
- Microsoft Certified Professional (passed exam Exam 74-343/4 or 70-178)
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or related specialized field or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Specialized certification may be required.
- Typically possesses nine or more years experience in the field performing complex analysis, consulting and providing recommendations.
- Ability to perform in-depth analysis of the highest-level technical issues.
- In-depth experience designing and implementing information solutions.
- Ability to ensure that system improvements are successfully implemented.
- Ability to provide technical engineering and/or architectural guidance on an as-needed basis.
NO ONE HAS BENEFITS LIKE AQUENT!
Working with AQUENT gets you access to some pretty cool things including:
- Subsidized (up to 85%!) Health, Vision and Dental Benefits Access to Fidelity 401(k) with Matching! FSA Program
- Weekly Direct Deposit
- Resume / Portfolio Review + Interview Prep. You'll be set-up for success!
- Free Continued Learning: https://thegymnasium.com/
- Compare our benefits to other agencies, here: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
- Who is AQUENT? www.youtube.com/watch?v=5z-n8nfytuM