- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Tara Carr
We're looking for a Technical Writer to maintain technical support guides. These guides should be succinct, accurate knowledge guides to help support engineers quickly solve billing and account-related cases for our customers. In this role, you will work with SMEs/Engineers, articulate processes and help hold the guides to a high quality bar.
• Researches, designs, develops and writes technical information online or in print for a variety of audiences and purposes.
• Produces documentation that complies with documentation plan requirements.
• Obtains technical information from project developers, program managers, product managers, testers and product support personnel; converts specific feedback into documentation.
• Responds to editorial and reviewer feedback.
• Produces a significant portion of a complex documentation set (i.e. reference guides, online help, user guides, UI text) that complies with documentation plan requirements.
• Develops and tests complex user scenarios that show how to use the product being documented.
• Works effectively with program management, product marketing, and other internal customers as needed.
• May write portions of documentation plan and may help implement documentation plan.
• 3-5 years of work-related experience required.
• Must be able to accomplish objectives that span multiple product or subject areas, and possess proactive and strategic problem-solving skills.
• Must have excellent writing and analytical skills.
• Must be able to participate in planning and design, and contribute to a project from end to end with minimal supervision.
• Demonstrated ability to combine technical expertise with technical communication skills is required.
• Must have demonstrated interest in, and knowledge of, broad but related areas of technology.
• Must be able to demonstrate an understanding of a specified software product, or must have the ability to learn specified technology quickly.
• May require an understanding of one or more major technologies, such as database design and development, networking, client/server applications, security, multimedia, or device drivers, etc.
• The ability to work under deadline pressure is required.
• Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
• Bachelor's degree in Technical Communications, Journalism, English or related field preferred. Work related experience may substitute for degree.
• Highly skilled in grammar use and know how to adhere to a style guide.
• Understand how to format documents so that they are organized in a standard way to make quick user consumption easy.
• Have a writing style that is mature and avoids use of unnecessarily complex sentence structure.
• Develop a proofing system such they are close to 99.9% accurate (including grammar, spelling) in submissions for publication.
• Have knowledge of cloud applications or be a fast learner in this technical space.
• Must be able to work 100% offsite. Needs to be able to work on Pacific Time zone and be open to IST meetings in the early AM (e.g., 6-7 AM) to accommodate our colleagues in other timezones.
Our client is a large technology company based in Redmond, Washington with a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. They develop computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. This company enables digital transformation for the era of an intelligent cloud and an intelligent edge.
Working here, you will be part of a company that values:
- Diversity and inclusion
- Corporate social responsibility
- Trustworthy computing
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.