- New York, NY
- Job Terms:
- Posted By:
- Kimberley Strayer
We are Johnson & Johnson, the most recognized health and personal care company in the world. Founded in 1886, J&J is a Fortune 50 company with nearly 135,000 employees in more than 275 companies across 60 countries. We blend heart, science, and ingenuity to profoundly change the trajectory of health for humanity. This is our purpose. This is what sets us apart.
The J&J Design Studio (JJD) works globally across the Company’s business segments: Consumer, Pharma, Medical Device, and Corporate. By utilizing the power of design, we optimize the user experience for consumers, employees, healthcare providers, and patients.
We are not a traditional design studio. Because we collaborate with our business partners at the inception of
new product development, we are able to apply design thinking and craft creative solutions to products being developed.
We are committed to creating an authentic and inclusive environment where you will thrive both personally and professionally.
As a critical thinker, you have a finely-honed skill set, comfortable with ambiguity, lead teams in synthesis activities, conceptualizing future states, and provide strategic direction for designing compelling solutions that drive decision-making. While delivering innovative ideas, you will also facilitate new working methods that advance the results we produce together.
You are a self-starter and inspire with fresh ideas and new creative problem-solving approaches. You have a high level of purpose and will only deliver excellence in the quality of collaboration and work deliverables.
- You will produce Service Design blueprints, illustrated systems, and journey maps, concept designs, service experience prototypes, empathy maps, and value proposition proposals to build and improve products and services as you identify hypotheses and assumptions
- You will plan and conduct user/customer research in partnership with product and marketing teams with a specific focus on participatory design to gain an understanding of essential issues, challenges, and opportunities for our cross-functional partners
- You will prepare and co-facilitate workshops for large multi-disciplinary groups and projects
- You will build insights, reframe problems, and generate and iterate on new solutions along the product solution continuum
- You will uncover, synthesize and articulate whole system views and current/future states of user experience across different scenarios
- You will respond to quantitative and qualitative data associated with plannedexperiments
- Your work with teams might include developing metrics for new solutions
- Please be an advocate to drive and execute environmentally sustainable design solutions
- At least a bachelor’s degree in design or related field; a graduate degree in Service Design, Organization Development or Design Innovation is preferred
- 7 - 9 years of design, design research, strategy, and innovation experience is required
- Healthcare and medical device experience strongly preferred
- A deep interest in healthcare, wellness, or behavioral change is also preferred
- Demonstrated hands-on experience in crafting a variety of digital touch-points and non-digital channels that will lay the foundation for next-generation product and service development
- Proven record of planning and conducting research programs, developing insights and envisioning desirable human futures, and translating concepts into action is required
- Systems approach to design and value creation, with exhibited ability to identify relevant assumptions and to model value, potential ROI, etc.
Please include the link to your online portfolio on your resume and with your application to be considered for the position.
Above all else
o Friendly, thoughtful and perpetually curious
o Humble to your core with a sharp emotional intelligence
o Able to build trust, even when communicating a dissenting point of view
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.