- New York
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Tara Carr
As a Content Editor, you are responsible for developing narratives that will help communicate our latest
work with the world, through owned communications channels. You will oversee our content strategy,
editorial calendar and development for our internal and external publications.
You will also support the team with writing, copy-editing, and proofreading - publications, newsletters, talk-tracks, blog posts
and other written projects. You’ll help define content requirements and oversee editorial projects from
concept through launch—everything from editing publications to developing written content for videos
and social media posts. You’ll develop new editorial processes for the marketing team, helping everyone
be more nimble, strategic and effective. You’re an experienced planner, and can work with teams across
the company to align priorities, allocate resources and keep all operational trains on the tracks. You’ll
glean insights from data to inform future editorial projects and strategy, and help educate stakeholders on
process and guidelines for editorial content.
We are a unit that forecasts and confronts emerging threats, conducting pioneering
research and demonstrating the power of emerging technology to keep our world safer. Our research
and experiments have helped keep the company one step ahead of critical issues, and we partner with
teams throughout the company to integrate insights into core products. Our model centers around
collaboration with both external and internal partners to build and scale our research, technology, and
Among our current focus areas are disinformation, online toxicity and harassment, violent extremism, police training, and free expression.
1. Oversee development and execution of editorial content for our publication, establishing a clear tone that informs future issues.
2. Support production and copy editing of all types of written content—blog posts, articles, press
releases—across all editorial platforms.
3. Partner effectively on editorial, creative and social projects developed by other team and
“connect the dots” with cross-functional teams including PR, Marketing, and executives
to align on editorial priorities.
4. Proactively spot opportunities to communicate stories of interest across our focus areas.
5. Establish our editorial tone and create evergreen content for existing social media pages and new
- BA/BS degree liberal arts, journalism, politics or related degree.
- 5+ years of experience in newsroom/journalism, editorial or content marketing.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills; must be able to write well quickly.
- Experience in a deadline-driven writing/editing in a high pressure fast paced environment.
- Knowledge or in-depth experience in topic areas (technology, politics, social issues, foreign policy).
- Demonstrated ability to gracefully handle time-sensitive duties