- Seattle, WA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
As a UX researcher on Community Events, you’ll have the opportunity to partner directly with a product team that's delivering high priority work for company Events. Research is paramount to our success - formative research is needed to identify the right latent needs or problems in the world to tackle with product solutions, iterative design research is needed to mold early product ideas into testable prototypes, and creative evaluative research is needed to improve and prepare those products for market.
• Collaborate closely with researchers, designers, PMs & engineers to identify, define and deliver meaningful products into the world
• Collaboratively and independently develop and execute research roadmaps
• Lead various research studies throughout all the phases of the product development cycle
• Contribute to product strategy, execution and go-to-market plan
• Manage research vendors to help augment the work of the research team
• Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
• Strong ability to work independently and manage one’s time.
• Experience with data and utilizing numbers to define and support hypotheses
• Experience with storytelling to get traction with various audience
• Experience with autonomy and decision making to balance demands
• BA/BS in a human behavior related field, such as human-computer interaction, psychology, sociology, communication, information science, media studies, computer science, or economics
For this TOP social media company, people are at the heart of every connection they build. They design products and deliver services that bring the world closer together—one connection at a time.
Defined by their unique culture that rewards impact. They encourage people to be bold and solve the problems they care most about. They work in small teams that move fast and iterate to develop new products. Together, they help others build stronger communities—and they're just getting started!