- Los Angeles, CA
- Job Terms:
- DOE + Benefits
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Jennifer Torrens
Large Media and Entertainment brand in Century City, CA is seeking a Director of Technical Production for an 8-week leave coverage. This role will be remote, but must work west coast hours and some weekend work may be required for events coverage.
Creative Services is a team of event and experience professionals supporting the entertainment network and its divisions in streaming and live presentation production. We are looking for a smart, thoughtful, collaborative and organized team member, you excel at technical production and building strong cross-functional relationships in a fast paced organization
As the Director of Technical Production, you will bring your vast knowledge of live streaming and video production to life on our projects. You will have a very unique role in the planning, coordination and management of virtual and live event production from concept to post-production. Work as an integral part of the Creative Services Special Events team as a Production Manager, Producer and Stage Manager, to provide superior production support for high-level meetings and events.
This position will handle technical production and logistics of events including: Virtual event production, website creation, live streaming Creating and specifying a production package for video, audio equipment and labor packages from vendors, budgeting A/V portions of events, hiring and oversight of production crews (union and non-union). Additionally, this position is responsible for overseeing the Creative Services freelance event staff including hiring, deal memos, overseeing the payroll process and compliance with applicable laws. This position will also be responsible for maintaining department technical equipment (audio, video, webcast, IT,) and set-up and operate equipment on certain events.
Additionally, this person will coordinate and manage meetings, events and projects under the direct supervision of the special events senior staff.
- Applicant must have prior experience in live streaming and webcast, production management and audio-visual production of corporate events.
- The applicant should also have a thorough understanding of production software tools like vMix and OBS.
- Produce live events with VMIX (or similar tools) according to the client’s run-of-show
- Must be dependable and assume ownership of assignments and results.
- Must have the ability and experience to make solid decisions.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks, sometimes on severe deadlines.
- Must be highly organized with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must be able to successfully collaborate with executives, clients, and hired staff and production crews to achieve successful results.
- Participate in creative and logistical planning of events. Purchase and rent props, decor, supplies, and technical equipment as needed for events.
- Ability to think outside the box. You are someone who works creatively to continuously push the envelope of video content and stand out from the rest. You are someone that constantly delivers more than what the client ever imagined.
- Manage production details including project discovery, pre-production, production and final delivery. Interface with stakeholders and executives to provide creative solutions to meet their needs.
- Provide production support and work closely with the studio manager and technical team to execute projects efficiently meeting all quality and budget requirements.
- Coordinate with live participation of hosts and speakers in the recording of sessions and live events.
- Responsive multitasker, able to juggle many programs in different phases simultaneously.
- Minimum of 7-10 years of significant experience as virtual/live event producer
- Thorough knowledge of video, webcast/streaming, vMix, lighting, audio, and rigging equipment and processes
- Advanced degree not required, but valuable.
- Highly competitive salaries: commensurate with experience
- Insurance: Excellent medical benefits with premiums largely subsidized by Aquent
- 401k Plan
- Paid Sick Leave
- Perks & Discounts at leading major retailers