- Austin, Texas 78758
- Job Terms:
- $45-55/hour W2 (DOE) + benefits
- Start date:
- 3 weeks from offer
- Posted By:
- Chelsea Caudill
AQUENT is seeking Junior to Mid-level UX Researchers in Austin, Texas OR San Francisco, CA. For this role we are open to talent who have 1-5 years of professional experience as a User Researcher. For this role, we are really seeking talent who have experience with evaluative reserach. Yo uwill be under the wing of a Senior UXR, if you have under a year of professional experience, but grad-school work, this could be a great fit for you!
This is an amazing team where UX Researchers collaborate on approach, methodologies and results and also conduct research independently. Your day-to-day work may include setting up research with customers, working with data scientists to look for patterns in large behavioral data sets, and sharing findings with the product content and localization teams.
Jr. - Mid level UX Researcher Responsibilities:
- Responsible for conducting user research. Deliverables change on a project-by-project basis, but may include elements such as user interviews, task analyses, journey maps, personas, and usability testing
- Performing evaluative and usability testing
- Conduct a variety of qualitative user research activities (e.g. empathy interviews, ethnographies, contextual inquiries, co-creation) as part of an interdisciplinary design process that includes designers, product managers and tech
- Conduct usability benchmarking and continued testing of tools and apps
- Teach and mentor designers on a variety of research activities, including empathy interviews, concept and usability testing, co creation, diary studies, in home interviews
- Actively monitor and analyze research, data, and trends from internal sources, academic research, and industry published reports to inform and improve our research methods
- Present and communicate research and analysis clearly and effectively across various organizations in any format required. Able to sell, support, explain, and simply present usability approach and research to various audience types from sophisticated design experts to non-designers
- Experience with, or willingness to learn eye-tracking is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 1-5 years of experience as a Design Researcher in a corporate or consulting capacity
- Well-versed in evaluative research methods
It’s not often that we get to say “yeah, but just listen to what they offer…” about our larger clients. Most people look at the awesome job description, then read “Financial Services Industry” and move on. We’ve heard it a thousand times! Know what else we’ve heard at this client just as much? “Wow! I’m so glad I took this job! This is not your father’s financial services company!”
Work here and experience:
- Opportunities to work with cutting-edge digital business strategies & projects
- Huge work-life balance culture
- Diversity-focused workplace
- Strong potential for temp-to-perm conversion (almost half of the people we've placed here have converted to a permanent position, either the one they're working in, or in a related department)
- Great Aquent community to work with onsite, including our bi-annual talent recognition program, which stems from the client managers’ own feedback (read: they’re engaged and interested in your future!)
- Don’t forget the massive points on your resume for being part of a cutting-edge team, leading the way in breathing fresh air into the financial services industry
With a customer experience focus in mind, our client is leading the way in the financial industry with their digital marketing & technology platforms. They recognize that today’s customers are technically savvy & independent as well as highly creative, and they’re working to be the best at serving them. We see this through how they are building platforms that allow customers to take ownership of their financial future, using video, animation, and social media to market to the end user. Their in-house digital agency has won numerous IHAF awards for their tools and cutting-edge technology. Working with this company, you would be working with groups and/or department such as an IHAF awarded digital agency, user experience, product development, communication strategy team and much more talented professionals like yourself. Come join us!