- Minneapolis, MN
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Julee Grupe
EXCELLENT BENEFITS! MAJOR MEDICAL, DENTAL, VISION, MATCHING 401K, PAID HOLIDAYS, PTO
*Background/drug screen required where applies.
*Must have portfolio of work, including research deliverables such as plans, scripts and findings reports.
Our client's Employee Experience (EX) Design and Research team is responsible for delivering efficient and easy-to-use internal solutions for both store and in-home channels. We partner with Product and Engineering, as well as various other business teams across the enterprise.
The team is seeking a passionate, collaborative, and outgoing Sr. Researcher to join our fast-paced group working on insight and validation of employee-driven experiences for in-store and in-home environments.
The ideal candidate will be exceptional in his/her communication at all levels and will be a role model for collaborating with partners, leadership in the role and creating sustainable partnerships internally and externally. The most successful candidate will be someone who embraces the value partners bring to the Experience Design space, is forward-thinking, progressive, understands the retail world and has a past track record of significant accomplishments in Experience Design.
Position Summary/Job Description:
The Sr. Researcher serves as a practice expert to build partnerships with product and design by educating, collaborating, and evolving the product experience. Our number one responsibility is advocating for the employee (and customer). This role is responsible for moving work through the assigned research team and self-defining / executing research strategy, in conjunction with product vision.
The Sr. Researcher will have a solid understanding of the human-centered design process and be equally comfortable working independently and alongside both Experience Design team members as well as product owners and business stakeholders. You can communicate effectively and are able to self-prioritize.
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment and have the ability to self-define tasks, deadlines, and next steps as needed.
• Leads and oversees research process within the assigned product space including recommending appropriate methodology, scoping, planning, and prepping for in-person and remote studies.
• Work with team members and broader research team to ensure the needs of product are being met and uncover new ways to operationalize the way the team is working/partnering.
• Through secondary and exploratory research, conducts a thorough analysis of existing data to generate insights and recommendations aligned with corporate strategic directions.
• Partners with other product research teams to align on cross-functional needs and prioritization of work.
• Able to synthesize in the moment and quickly articulate outcomes by utilizing a co-experience mindset.
• Present clear and actionable findings to various levels of stakeholders.
• Grow and foster partnership with XD and Product.
What are the top five skills and number of years of experience required to perform this job?
• Bachelors Degree in psychology, communication, marketing, human factors or similar
o Or, equivalent years of experience in work
• 7+ years of experience conducting and evaluating qualitative user experience research methods including heuristic evaluation, usability testing, concept testing, field research, ethnography, discovery research, paper prototyping, remote research and guerilla methods.
• Strong ability to collaborate and assert a point of view positively
• Portfolio of both individual contributor or team-led samples required
What are some preferred/nice to have skills the manager is looking for?
• Bonus Qualifications
o Master level education, or above
o CUA or NNG certification.
• 7+ years of experience (or equivalent experience) delivering digital solutions to a variety of industries
• 3+ years of experience in a senior capacity research role with emphasis on defining project approaches and solutions, and negotiation in a corporate environment
NO ONE HAS BENEFITS LIKE AQUENT! Working with AQUENT gets you access to some pretty cool things including:
This engagement qualifies for unique PTO and paid Holidays
Subsidized (up to 85%!) Health, Vision and Dental Benefits
Access to Fidelity 401(k) and FSA Program
Weekly Direct Deposit
Resume / Portfolio Review + Interview Prep. You'll be set-up for success!
Free continued learning: https://thegymnasium.com/
Compare our benefits to other agencies, here!
Who is AQUENT? www.youtube.com/watch?v=5z-n8nfytuM