- San Francisco, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Tova Dodge
As a senior digital designer in Brand Studio, you will work with creative leadership and key marketing partners to deliver our product stories and services to the world through our web platforms. The Designer will contribute to the development of key interactive experiences, and the design language that captures the character of the brands. There could also be a mix of brand design projects, including icon creation, brand identity creation or implementation, and brand strategy support. You will collaborate daily with a diverse set of specialists from information architects, strategists, marketers, project managers, writers and developers to deliver these designs, campaigns, or experiences. The work you create must be as conceptually strong as it is aesthetically beautiful.
- Develop conceptually strong work and guide junior designers to contribute meaningfully to projects
- Craft visual designs and experiences that embody the principles of brand and design using and expanding on established design systems
- Partner with other designers (visual and UX), writer, strategists, engineers, and marketers on a daily basis
- Develop visual designs, storyboards, mockups, prototypes*, and more to communicate interactive and visual ideas relevant to content and audience needs.
- Drive projects from start to finish, collaborating with Marketing, Engineering, and other web designers and developers
- Create aesthetically excellent work that is true to the brand spirit
- Work with external agencies (experience, design and production, etc.)
- Execute against several workstreams in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment and deliver strategically sound, conceptually based, iconic experiences
- 5 – 8 years of experience at a world-class creative studio, interactive agency, or in-house interactive team
- A proven ability in the areas of narrative creation, concepting, designing digital experiences (e.g. website), and fundamental graphic design (typography, layout, and art direction)
- An awe-inspiring portfolio of brand-defining campaigns, websites, apps and artifacts
- Solid understanding of how to design for the modern web—across browsers, screen sizes, and audience types.
- Detail-oriented (to the pixel!) and organized, with high graphic standards.
- Expert proficiency with Sketch, Figma, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and other design tools.
- Ability to demonstrate a collaborative approach with marketing partners and developers
- Experience working across/defining large web platforms
- Fluent in creating prototypes (Figma, InVision, Principle, AfterEffects etc.) to express ideas.
- Coding for web (HTML/JS/CSS) and/or mobile app experience is a big plus.
- Experience leading or being involved with branding work, either traditional brand identity creation or digital brand expressions
- Knowledge of contemporary design and technology trends and insightful ways on how these can be leveraged for engaging brand expressions.
One thing we know is that this client, as big as it is, is still setting the standard for not only the product they’re turning out, but for the way they conduct business.
Our client is the global leader in technology, with offices in many major cities. As different as those cities are, you can expect that the personality of each office is the same. Commonalities include bringing people together in the physical work space, outlets for creativity (outside work-related exercises), and a setup for brainstorming on the fly, whenever the opportunity strikes.
What they see in your resume, if you’re selected, is your ability to be an autonomous thinker, and a team player; someone focused, and driven to push the envelope who can also let down their guard and have fun with the team while doing it; someone who has the intellectual capacity to challenge even the most innovative thinkers without the hubris that tends to accompany it. No egos here!
Here, everyone is considered a project owner, and expected to give 100%, even when the path forward isn’t necessarily clear.
Work here, and know you’re working with a Forbes #1 rated company.
Work here, and know you’re setting the pace for digital products globally.
Work here, and find the challenge of your career!
And in case you’re afraid you won’t have time for other things, you’ll be able to take advantage of:
Fitness center access
Discounts on things like dry cleaning and oil changes
Convenient commuter shuttles
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.