- Menlo Park, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Tara Carr
The global Communications Department works with almost every organization within this social media company to design communication strategies for proactive and reactive tactics. The Creative Department is a team of designers, photographers, film producers, and editors who support every visual need under the larger Communications org strategy. This includes some of the industry's most talked-about events, editorial, and social visuals for big company announcements and press moments around the world.
This candidate will be designing for Newsroom.
Creating designs, concepts, and sample layouts based on complex topics the Newsroom addresses will be the main function of this role. Partnering with writers, working collaboratively to deliver high-quality work on tight deadlines, and keeping the creative process moving forward are also key objectives in this role.
It is crucial for the designer to be proactive, communicate ideas clearly, and read between the lines to understand nuance and get buy-in from Comms partners. The ability to be flexible to partners needs, work well under pressure, and multi-task are required skills. Suggesting ways of improving existing designs and systems while maintaining a high level of creativity will additionally help ensure the candidate is successful.
- Develop designs while keeping the broader message, brand, and top priorities in mind.
- Identify and create compelling visuals from short briefs and meetings with communications partners and executives by asking questions and recognizing areas where more information is required.
- Create compelling and visually stimulating content that effectively communicates complex ideas.
- Adhere to the overall brand guidelines while continuing to evolve the design possibilities and the brand itself.
- Work hand in hand with the design lead and project manager to plan and execute projects on tight timelines.
- Monitor business and team goals to ensure projects are in alignment.
- Proactively make suggestions and develop design systems, processes and drive solutions to problems which allow the team to scale support and impact.
- Identify potential roadblocks with design projects and find creative solutions.
- Design for a global community by taking into consideration localization, accessibility, translation needs and cultural considerations.
- Use best judgement to prioritize all aspects of projects and communicate shifting priorities to key stakeholders.
- 6+ years experience as a graphic designer or similar creative role
- Creativity, verbal and written communication skills and problem solving ability are required
- Excellent typographic skills
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite, including Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign
- Experience working directly with multiple stakeholders
- Experience working on events similar to company town halls or all-hands and designing presentations in Keynote
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Experience owning design projects from creation through implementation
- Illustrative skills
- Branding experience
- Experience working with editorial content
- Experience working with film and animation
- Knowledge of Sketch and G-Suite
- Experience in Tech
For this TOP social media company, people are at the heart of every connection they build. They design products and deliver services that bring the world closer together—one connection at a time.
Defined by their unique culture that rewards impact. They encourage people to be bold and solve the problems they care most about. They work in small teams that move fast and iterate to develop new products. Together, they help others build stronger communities—and they're just getting started!