- Menlo Park, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Carin Wallace
The Design Program Coordinator will focus on supporting the Product Foundation team at this social media company.
The ideal candidate is highly organized with experience funneling creative team requests, confirming deadlines, establishing timelines, identifying project issues and resolving them. This role requires excellent communication skills, an ability to multi-task and juggle competing priorities in a fast-paced environment. A highly organized approach and consistent delivery is mandatory. You'll work with our Design Program Managers, Product Designers, Product Managers, and Engineering Managers to support the team on ad hoc projects as needed.
- Support the Design Systems team including: tracking our cross-functional process and maintaining our project plans, coordinating weekly team meetings, ensuring clear communication for designer workload, priority, backlog organization, and roadblocks for team pillars.
- Support our core quality programs by facilitating reviews, tracking tasks and coordinating with cross-functional teams.
- Support the planning and management of internal events, including: scheduling of presenters, organizing the content and themes of the events, leading/hosting the events.
- Manage and support various office hours across the teams.
- Coordinate some operational foundations for on-boarding like sending welcome emails, scheduling a light on-boarding session, and tracking this across a large design team.
- Organize opportunities for building relationships with important cross-functional teams.
- Focus on driving and educating both designers and engineers on cross-functional processes for approvals (For example: Newsfeed, Events or Groups approval).
- Understand and represent
- Design background, loves doing events, likes talking to people, enjoys the chaos, the creativity behind it. Add spice to the events.
- Can organize with leaders, vendor contracts, will be hosting events in person, tech savvy,
- Nice to have- Google slides, Figma or Illustrator
- Basic visual design acumen
- Great collaborators, able to take on the work and run with it. Self-sufficient.
- Get to work with leadership, you will know more people than anyone else. Will be a lot of appreciation from everyone in the org. Level of autonomy and chance to stretch their skills. How to communicate, a lot of best practices will be brought to the table. High visibility
- Working with the arts, studios, project management.
For this TOP social media company, people are at the heart of every connection they build. They design products and deliver services that bring the world closer together—one connection at a time.
Defined by their unique culture that rewards impact. They encourage people to be bold and solve the problems they care most about. They work in small teams that move fast and iterate to develop new products. Together, they help others build stronger communities—and they're just getting started!