- Portland, OR
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Kimberley Strayer
Marketing Communications Project Manager
Candidate needs to be local to Oregon (currently remote but will need to report to the office)
Bachelor’s Degree required
The Marketing Communications Project Manager supports the Promotion and Direct Marketing team in ensuring that project results fulfill client objectives, reflect brand standards, meet all required criteria for accuracy and compliance, and are completed in a timely, cost-effective manner. The Project Manager manages communications projects for multiple marketing and member retention programs for program-wide, regional, and/or service area clients. This position supports the Marketing Consultants in problem-solving, decision-making, and client contact. This position also collaborates with Brand Management, Creative Services, Operations and Production, and other Consulting Services staff to promote and support Integrated Marketing Communications goals
• Provide relevant project direction to client, team, or functional partners (e.g. Creative Services, Operations, Production units) to ensure completion within project parameters including budget and schedule. Interface with other internal or external functions (e.g. writing, editing, translation, photography, etc.) as required by project.
• Help gather additional input and assist in problem-solving as required.
• Support clients with appropriate contact and effective decision-making.
• Recommend and present creative drafts for review. Ensure that creative brief is approved by Brand Management, Consulting Services, and Creative Services staff.
• Develops formal project work plan (including schedule and cost estimates) for Marketing Communications projects of a moderately strategic and/or complex nature.
• Collaborate with program-wide, regional, and/or service area staff to share resources, procedures, and standards.
• Drafts talking points, FAQs, emails, and other support materials to complement tactical components of marketing communications programs
• Opens routine and/or moderately complex projects as assigned and closes projects in a timely fashion, using departmental project management software applications
• Open complex projects as assigned and close projects in a timely fashion.
• Route project for approval as appropriate and ensure all necessary signoffs are secured (regulatory, legal, brand, and client) prior to production.
• Continually track and document project status against timeline. Update project schedule in database to accurately indicate current status.
• Track project costs against established budget and report results to appropriate parties/ stakeholders in a timely and accurate manner.
• Provide updates to key stakeholders and/or teams as applicable.
• Record time-keeping and invoice information for project file.
• Continually evaluate project components for effectiveness against criteria and develop alternative solutions as required.
• Take ownership of project issues and provide client consultation and service
• Manage additional duties as necessary or assigned
• Minimum 2 to 5 years of experience in writing and editing, leading marketing communications projects for diverse market segments, audiences & industries, and developing and implementing strategic and tactical communications plans.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including the ability to communicate complex issues in simple terms, both verbally and in written form.
• Demonstrated skills in communications project management from concept through completion.
• Familiar with computer-based publication design, reproduction & output processes, and software programs such as: Dreamweaver, Excel, PowerPoint and MS Project.
Taking a position with our client gets you in with a leader in its field.
Our client is a five-star medical provider who, as an innovator, was the first in their industry to offer electronic health records. They’re constantly on the forefront of innovation in the healthcare field, both for their technical advances as well as for their community involvement. Volunteerism and community service are critical components of their approach to improving the general health in all of their neighborhoods.
Our client practices what they preach, and has a strong commitment to work-life balance and a healthy lifestyle. On many of their campuses you can find fitness centers, walking paths, as well as volleyball and basketball courts. Stay healthy while developing your career path!
Aquent places talented writers, digital designers and user experience candidates, as well as editorial candidates with this market leader every day in one of a number of locations throughout California We’ve had the benefit of twenty years of experience placing talent at this company and there is an extensive network of talent here, not only actively working for Aquent, but also now senior members of the organization who have been converted to permanent employees over the years.