- Redmond, WA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Lucas Manzaneres
Are you an avid UX Designer? Have a background in Gaming? We want to hear from you!!
Senior Casual UI/UX Game Designer
The Microsoft Casual Games team is looking for a senior game designer who is strong in User Experience (UX) design as well as User Interface (UI) design and has passion to work on the world’s greatest casual games for Windows and mobile platforms.
The position focuses on partnering and supporting creative visionaries, solving creative problems, helping establish and emphasize core design pillars, reviewing game builds and working with partners to improve them, creating UI and UX mockups and flow examples, maintaining design documentation, and ensuring quality of execution.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Work with the Design Director to create user experience flows and UI mockups for our games on Windows and Mobile.
• Utilize team feedback, data analysis, and user research feedback into clear actionable items to improve products and design processes.
• Contribute innovative and creative design ideas to specific titles, across the games portfolio.
• Evaluate game builds and milestone deliverables and provide constructive feedback to the developers that clearly identify problem statements and provide solution recommendations.
• Ensure that the final product quality meets the high expectations of the Microsoft Casual Games brand.
• Become a master in some of our top Casual Games, such as Microsoft Solitaire Collection, in order to be able to create compelling content for our live audience.
• Work with the Design Director to occasionally create and/or flesh out game system designs, creating and maintaining design documentation where appropriate.
Required skills and experience
• A comprehensive understanding of casual games, players, and gameplay mechanics, combined with an ability to identify, analyze and rectify user experience and user interface issues.
• Extensive knowledge of casual games in particular, social games, and the gaming industry. Must be passionate about video games and be an avid gamer. Must be familiar with casual games on PC as well as downloadable games on Mobile.
• Excellent creative vision that can be channeled and adapted to any type of game.
• Strong verbal, written and organizational skills.
• A working knowledge of standard games industry design toolsets and production pipelines.
• Minimum of 5+ years of UX design experience on shipped titles with a minimum of 3+ years of game design experience on casual or mobile titles.
• Adobe XD, Balsasmiq mockups, or equivalent user experience flow prototyping tools.
• Adobe Photoshop or equivalent UI prototyping tools.
The ideal candidate will
• Be creative and passionate about improving user experiences. Often looking at other products and games and saying to yourself, “They could have made this so much better!”
• Be humble with no ego whatsoever. Willing to accept constructive criticism, rethink ideas, and entertain other opinions with an open mind.
• Be someone who proactively communicates design goals and can operate and collaborate to the highest standard within the team structure.
• Have an open-minded approach to design and display the ability to challenge convention. Be forward thinking and have the flexibility to research and undertake any game as required.
• Take design responsibility and help guide user experiences through to completion - seeking out, evaluating and implementing feedback from all relevant sources to constantly improve and refine the experience.
• Have a strong ability to create new ideas and concepts, has outstanding knowledge of the casual game space, and is extremely detail oriented.
• Experience working on card games is a big plus.
Our client is a large technology company based in Redmond, Washington with a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. They develop computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. This company enables digital transformation for the era of an intelligent cloud and an intelligent edge.
Working here, you will be part of a company that values:
- Diversity and inclusion
- Corporate social responsibility
- Trustworthy computing
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.