- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Erica Schmidt
This position is 100% remote.
We are Johnson & Johnson, the most recognized health and personal care company in the world. Founded in 1886, J&J is a Fortune 50 company with nearly 128,000 employees in more than 275 companies across 60 countries. We blend heart, science and ingenuity to profoundly change the trajectory of health for humanity. This is our purpose.
This is what sets us apart.
The J&J Design Studio (JJD) works globally across the Company’s business segments: Consumer, Pharma, Medical Device and Corporate. By utilizing the power of design, we optimize the user experience for consumers, employees, healthcare providers and patients.
We are not a traditional design studio. Because we collaborate with our business partners at the inception of new product development, we are able to apply design thinking and craft creative solutions to products being developed.
We are committed to creating an authentic and inclusive environment where you will thrive both personally and professionally.
You are focused and enthusiastic – with the analytical understanding that by taking a complicated problem you are able to transform it into a creative force. Possessing a real passion for interaction design, you also have a talent for strategic thinking, and your concepts are informed by strategy and business goals while creating design solutions that work flawlessly.
You will contribute to the teams that conduct product research, strategy, information architecture and interaction design to create experiences that are engaging. You will make impact at many potential touch points such as a digital future-work platform, mobile, app or other software applications.
You are adept at and have a high comfort level with navigating through ambiguity within a large organization; you are equally comfortable being a partner-facing team member.
You are a self-starter and an inspiration with fresh ideas and new approaches. You think big and love to push the skill set of team members to bring those new ideas to life. You have a high level of purpose and will only deliver excellence in work quality. You also toggle easily between concept development and executions with strategic solutions and are considered a talented and creative problem solver.
- You welcome challenges and are eager to create compelling design solutions with seamless results for the end user
- You study and adhere to standards, guidelines and usability best practices without sacrificing design integrity and optimal user experience
- You consistently exceed expectations when building engaging, people-centered digital experiences
- You have a demonstrated ability to translate user feedback, insights and strategy into optimized digital experiences
- A strategic thinker as well as an accomplished designer, you will create clear and concise experience maps, user flows, interaction models and wireframes
- As a key contributor to the DXD team, you will present, explain and clarify design decisions with lucidity, patience and eloquence to a wide range of business partners
- You are skilled in rapid protyping methods, ranging from paper to interactive digital prototypes
Please be an advocate to drive and execute environmentally sustainable design solutions.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field is required; Master’s is preferred
- 7 - 9 years of UX for digital products, including web and mobile is required
- Expert at end-to-end digital product design process, from research and strategy to validation, concept design, prototyping, detailed wireframing and asset development is required
- Exposure to IT and Agile best practices, co-creation, overall iterative design and collaboration is required
- Experienced working with engineering teams and has working knowledge of a diverse range of technologies such as Intelligent Automation, AI, AR/VR/MR, that can drive aspects of holistic experiences is required
- Well-organized with excellent communication both verbal and written and superior presentation skills is required
- Demonstrated understanding of designing and building digital experiences that scale is required
- Excellent collaboration skills as a key contributor are required
- Ability to incorporate diverse points of view and feedback into successful design solutions is required
- Familiarity with working in other areas of specialization within the digital design landscape, including but not limited to user research, storytelling, visual design and data visualization is required
Please include the link to your online portfolio on your resume and with your application to be considered for the position.
Above all else
- Friendly, thoughtful and perpetually curious
- Humble to your core with a sharp emotional intelligence
- Able to build trust, even when communicating a dissenting point of view
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.