- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Tara Carr
We’re looking for a versatile security analyst/technical writer to work with our security researchers to plan and write articles about the latest malware threats, trends, and activities to help keep our customers safe.
We support business and enterprise customers by providing them the latest security information. Our research team spans several endpoints as well as email and identity, and helps shine a light on the latest attacks. Whether a targeted phishing campaign, or ransomware outbreak or supply chain attack, this role will support the content needs for our research team, providing in depth information about the attack, how it works, and remediation steps. This will include an in depth review of the kill chain and visuals to help our customers understand the attack in depth.
We create a variety of content including:
• Social media (twitter)
• Security blogs
• Threat analytics reports
• Notification alert text about attack detections
In this role, you’ll:
• Work closely with our security analysts to understand attacks and the latest malware threats
• Use researcher notes and information to write articles about individual threats and campaigns. You’ll use the right phrasing and guidance to inform and reassure our customers
• Work in an agile environment with teams around the world
• contribute to the social media, editorial, and communications strategy to amplify content and product stories
• Provide editorial and writing support for in product strings that indicate possible attack
• Work with proprietary tools to publish articles
• BA/BS degree in English, Journalism, Technical Communications, Computer Science, or related field. Equivalent experience acceptable.
• 4+ years of experience creating technical documentation and security content for enterprise, IT, or similar audience.
• 5+ years working with security researchers and analysts. In-depth understanding of cybersecurity, incident response, malware, adversary tactics and techniques, and telemetry data analysis.
• Proven technical expertise and confidence that helps you to ramp up on new projects quickly
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Independent and creative problem-solving
Our client is a large technology company based in Redmond, Washington with a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. They develop computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. This company enables digital transformation for the era of an intelligent cloud and an intelligent edge.
Working here, you will be part of a company that values:
- Diversity and inclusion
- Corporate social responsibility
- Trustworthy computing
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.