- New Jersey
- Job Terms:
- Posted By:
- Jennifer Torrens
Our client seeks a 3D Artist to help build the future of next-generation communication products with their creative minds. They are looking for an artist who is self-motivated, technically savvy, and not afraid to push the boundaries of arts and technologies.
• Create 3D characters and environments that are optimized for real-time game engines. The assets you create will have to run smoothly on multiple platforms (PC, Mobile, VR/AR) and follow the UX and engineering requirements.
• Design 2D concept arts of creative and original environments and characters. Design task includes researching for artistic references, sketch up original concept drawings, and creating spec sheet.
• Maintain flexibility and be able to create different artistic styles and work across all 3D disciplines.
• Collaborate daily with peers from every discipline, including UX, Engineering, QA, and product management. You will be part of content planning, ideation, and design through the implementation process.
• 2+ years of experience with 3D content creation and design. You must provide an online portfolio/demo reel with a breakdown along with your resume.
• Proficiency in 3D authoring tools (Maya, Max, Blender or other similar 3D software), Zbrush, Substance Painter, and Photoshop.
• Solid understanding of shape, form, silhouette, proportion, and color theories.
• Solid understanding of anatomy and how 3D edge flows should be formed for proper rigging and animation.
• Ability to work in a collaborative environment while also be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Ability to understand technical constraints and being able to integrate the best practice to accommodate the limitation.
• Ability to manage time efficiently and being able to estimate the production effort truthfully and accurately.
• Ability to receive, adapt, and provide constructive feedback.
• Ability to showcase and present your work to peers with excellent communication skills.
• Keep and organize work clean and in a non-destructive manner.
• Ability to learn and experiments with in-house tools and plugins and provide constructive feedback.
• A self-motivated artist with a constant desire to learn, improve and share their knowledge with colleagues.
• Passion for experimental art, technologies, and XR experiences.
• Proficiency in game engines such as Unity, Unreal, or other major game engines.
• Proficiency in any of the following disciplines – Particle Effects (Sprite sheet), Lighting, Lightmapping (Lightmap baking), Rigging, Animation (retargeting, mocap animation, hand keyed animation), Python or Mel scripting.
• Experience or is familiar with developing assets and experiences for VR/AR.