- Redmond, WA
- Job Terms:
- $35 - 45/hr
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Stephen Charles-Kendall
We are looking for a software engineer to join our team of story tellers and sound enthusiasts striving for immersive, award winning titles. We would like someone who can communicate with narrative and audio content creators and empower them with systems and tools. With your interest in Console/PC games you will collaborate with a variety of creative minds to create cutting-edge AAA gaming experiences.
Highly interactive! Sitting virtually and interacting daily, fully integrated with the team. Meeting with the team virtually to complete tasks. Not a small project to go off and do but fully integrate with the team cohesively. The individual will also be working with artists (wireframes, mocks) and cross discipline teams involved.
This is an opportunity to work with narrative and audio content creators and empower them with systems and tools. With your interest in Console/PC games you will collaborate with a variety of creative minds to create cutting-edge AAA gaming experiences.
• 4+ years of experience with C/C++ in game development
• Experience developing desktop applications in .NET or equivalent
• Experience with Python or scripting languages used in automated pipelines
• Ability to develop pipelines, tools and custom plugins as required
• Experience with version control systems
• Excellent communication skills and comfortable working closely with engineers and artists
• Ability to problem solve independently in new and existing systems or technologies
• Games experience a strong plus.
• Worked on indie games or open source projects
• Experience with UE4 and Wwise or equivalent middleware
• Experience with databases
• Hobbies in writing stories or screenplays
• Hobbies in music and sound design
Degrees or certifications required:
BSc. degree in Computing Science or equivalent experience
Our client is a large technology company based in Redmond, Washington with a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. They develop computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. This company enables digital transformation for the era of an intelligent cloud and an intelligent edge.
Working here, you will be part of a company that values:
- Diversity and inclusion
- Corporate social responsibility
- Trustworthy computing
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.