- Seattle, WA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Lindsay DesRochers
++ Remote during pandemic, but must be able to work in Seattle office when onsite resumes ++
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: payment, check-out, transactional design
We are looking for motivated UX designer to help our client envision and deliver delightful customer experiences for their Checkout product. To work on a global scale for multiple brands, across devices and platforms, in a dynamic and collaborative environment.
As a UX Designer you have an opportunity to think through the framing of problems with a focus on end user needs and desires. Collaborating with engineers, researchers, designers, content strategists, and product managers, you will co-create useful, meaningful, and cohesive product experiences rooted in relevancy, simplicity, and delight.
In this role, your focus will be on the Checkout platform. You will design intuitive ways to help customers check out with products for their next exciting trip.
You can lean on design standards, but you love to experiment and move quickly.
You are comfortable designing for global scale.
You are a fit for this role if you
• Have strong interaction and visual design skills with capabilities in prototyping, presentation, and user-centered design methods.
• Enjoy crafting intuitive and customer-centric experiences that work seamlessly from responsive web applications to iOS and Android mobile apps.
• Choose the right tools for the right problem, fluidly moving from sketching to low- and high-fidelity comps and prototypes as needed.
• Ground your ideas in data, research, and analytics and then validate through testing.
• Are comfortable challenging the status quo with clear rationale and competitive, business or user insights
• Design for people of all abilities.
• Understand that it's not all about UX, but how UX contributes to a broader goal
• Proactively build relationships and are a key contributor to shipped projects and improvements in designs and processes
We know there is no single path to becoming a UX Designer, so we look for:
• 2-5 years of professional industry design experience
• Demonstration of a clear user-centered design process, all the way from problem space definition to execution of the final design product.
• Portfolio demonstrating how you use typography, color, imagery, grid systems, and well-crafted animation/transitions
• Sound product thinking through navigation, user flows, interaction design, and information architecture
• Experience collaborating with product, technology, fellow UXers, and analytics to build a vision
• Comfortable with presenting and rationalizing your designs and design decisions at all levels of the organization
• Specific experience in an ecommerce environment on a large enterprise-level website is preferred, but not required
• Experience with HTML/CSS and JS and a fundamental understanding of responsive web design standard methodologies
• A certificate or degree in a relevant field (HCI, Graphic Design, Interaction Design, etc.)
Our Fortune 500 client is among the largest technology companies in the world, and their work is solely dedicated to one of the most socially and economically important activities on the planet – travel. Their travel platforms represent the world's most comprehensive selection of travel, allowing unique opportunities to work across multiple, global brands.
NO ONE HAS BENEFITS LIKE AQUENT! Working with AQUENT gets you access to some pretty cool things including:
Subsidized (up to 85%!) Health, Vision and Dental Benefits
Access to Fidelity 401(k) with Matching!
Weekly Direct Deposit
Resume / Portfolio Review + Interview Prep. You'll be set-up for success!
- Free Continued Learning: https://thegymnasium.com/
Compare our benefits to other agencies, here!
Who is AQUENT? www.youtube.com/watch?v=5z-n8nfytuM