- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Danielle Bodemann
AQUENT is looking for a Technical Copy Editor to join their team!
The ideal candidate will have the following responsibilities
• Copy edit and proofread content topics.
• Correct for grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
• Edit for adherence to the Writing Style Guide and the Cloud Style Guide.
• Ensure that text elements are formatted correctly.
• Ensure that documentation complies with Microsoft legal standards, such as use of fictitious names, product names, and trademarking.
• Ensure that abbreviations and acronyms are spelled out on first mention, if appropriate, as per style guides.
• Ensure that content meets minimum publishing criteria
• 3-5 years of experience editing software product documentation or other public-facing content
• Outstanding editing skills, including excellent knowledge of grammar, spelling, and style
• Careful attention to detail
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and tasks, prioritize competing deadlines, and work independently
• Strong customer focus, including diplomatically communicating feedback
• Preference for collaboration and teamwork
• Aptitude for identifying patterns
• Proficiency using Microsoft Office software
• Must be able to learn new tools quickly and develop proficiency for problem-solving
• Functional knowledge and experience creating content in GitHub
Our client is a large technology company based in Redmond, Washington with a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. They develop computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. This company enables digital transformation for the era of an intelligent cloud and an intelligent edge.
Working here, you will be part of a company that values:
- Diversity and inclusion
- Corporate social responsibility
- Trustworthy computing
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.