- San Francisco, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Lauren Fusco
Fortune 500 eCommerce Company is looking for a content creator with experience in instructional video design to join their Partner Communications team in South San Francisco. In this role, you will translate a variety of complex eCommerce topics into compelling instructional videos to educate Marketplace sellers during acquisition, onboarding and live on-site stages.
If you are an excellent writer, detail-oriented researcher, video editor and content creator skilled at turning beautiful videos and copy on tight deadlines, passionate about script writing, capable of thinking deeply about complex issues and comfortable defending your work then we want to hear from you!
What you will do!
• Own end-to-end development process for training materials including script writing, screen recording, narration, editing.
• Develop and maintain our training content library consisting of instructional materials such as videos, QuickStart pdf guides and any ad-hoc instructional copy.
• Partner cross-functionally with Program, Product, Onboarding, and other teams to translate technical documents into online learning material and content.
• Gather all information, develop, and edit instructional content, verify all details to ensure final assets are accurate and meet brand standards.
• Analyze and maintain existing instructional material, track all program/product changes to make timely updates and continuously assess learning needs.
• Support implementation of online learning programs and provide inputs for other channels (email, social, etc.).
• Be comfortable in the digital space, maintain currency in the field of online learning, video technology and editing.
What you need!
• Bachelor’s degree
• 2+ years of experience as a video content creator and/or editor and working knowledge of video editing tools
• Exceptional communication skills and excellent written English including spelling, punctuation, and grammar
• Knowledge of print and digital copy and design requirements
• Ability to promote conceptual thinking among team members
• A solid understanding of writing creative, effective materials
• Organized, detail-oriented self-starter that can juggle multiple projects
• Critical and logical thinker
• Excellent with time management
• Ability to take professional criticism and use it to grow
• Be flexible and nimble with deadlines and target dates
• (Bonus points…) Ability to work with Camtasia, InDesign, Wordpress and Acrobat
- Examples of previous video work (portfolio)
- A positive attitude
- Enthusiasm for daily repetition
- Ability to work and communicate as a team member