- Client is in St. Louis - work can be done remotely
- Job Terms:
- W2, Hourly - depends on experience
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Kimberley Strayer
Our client is seeking a Senior Accessibility Consultant to support their Experience Design team.
- Advocate for and educate about accessibility best practices.
- Conduct and support accessibility testing efforts, automated and manual.
- Document accessibility best practices for the organization to adhere to.
- Analyze existing applications for accessibility issues and work with developers and designers to define and implement solutions.
- Work with a diverse team of product owners, UX designers, and developers in a fast-paced environment, with quick iterative cycles.
- Support development of an accessibility data and measurement program.
- Conduct accessibility-focused qualitative research using a variety of methods including user testing, interviews, surveys, artifact research (chat, call, email transcripts, etc.), journal studies, etc.
Benefits for Consultants
Aquent talent are eligible for a generous health-and-wellness package.
Our plan includes: Medical Insurance Aquent offers access to comprehensive In and Out of Network plans, with contributions toward monthly premiums and often with eligibility within two months of starting work. Retirement Savings Plan Aquent offers a 401(k) plan, managed by a leader in the retirement field, with immediate vesting and employer match.
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid sick time
- Flexible spending accounts
- Professional training
- Discounts and Perks
Desired Candidates will bring:
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- 5+ years of experience in accessible (508/WCAG) analysis, design, development, and/or testing.
- Subject Matter Expertise in WCAG, Section 508, ADA, other accessibility laws and standards.
- Knowledge of correct use and limitations of WAI-ARIA (Accessible Rich Internet Applications) in web application development.
- Passion for making websites and applications accessible to all users.
- Experience using Accessibility testing tools as well as screen readers such as JAWS, NVDA, and Voiceover.
- Thorough, methodical, and creative with extreme attention to detail.
- Expert at time management as well as working & finding answers to questions independently.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, problem-solving skills, customer service, and interpersonal skills.
- Understanding of SDLC and the technical and business challenges that come with the development of a product.
- Understanding of UX, design techniques, and principles.
- Social science research methods (e.g. usability, surveys, observation), qualitative and quantitative data analysis, foundational statistics.
- Data visualization and presentation skills (in addition to analysis and research skills).
- BA/BS in related field; advanced degree in Cognitive Science, Statistics, Human- Psychology, Computer Science, Computer Interaction or related field preferred.
- DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
- TESTING TOOLS
- TIME MANAGEMENT
- USER TESTING
- DATA ANALYSIS
- PRESENTATION SKILLS
- SUBJECT MATTER EXPERT
Successful candidates will be required to pass a drug test and background check prior to starting.