- New York, NY (Chelsea)
- Job Terms:
- Posted By:
- Kate Gottfried
We are Johnson & Johnson, the most recognized health and personal care company in the world. Founded in 1886, J&J is a Fortune 50 company with nearly 128,000 employees in more than 275 companies across 60 countries. We blend heart, science and ingenuity to profoundly change the trajectory of health for humanity. This is our purpose. This is what sets us apart.
The J&J Design Studio (JJD) works globally across the Company’s business segments: Consumer, Pharma, Medical Device and Corporate. By utilizing the power of design, we optimize the user experience for consumers, employees, healthcare providers and patients.
We are not a traditional design studio. Because we collaborate with our business partners at the inception of new product development, we are able to apply design thinking and craft creative solutions to products being developed.
We are committed to creating an authentic and inclusive environment where you will thrive both personally and professionally.
You are focused and enthusiastic – with the analytical understanding that by taking a complicated problem you are able to transform it into a creative force.
You are a self-starter and an inspiration with fresh ideas and new approaches. You think big and love to push the skill set of team members to bring those new ideas to life. You have a high level of purpose and will only deliver excellence in work quality. You also toggle easily between concept development and superior executions and are considered a talented and creative problem solver.
- Through multiple channels of teamwork, you create cohesive brand experiences and best practices across touchpoints
- You will develop and contribute to the development of design concepts that are equally bold and viable for business solutions
- You’ll be involved in multiple projects with critical deadlines that you will successfully deliver on-budget and in a timely manner
- You will utilize extensive knowledge of and experience in core design and analytical thinking to guide relevant solutions
- Adept at interpreting data points, you are skilled at translating these into compelling visuals and information designs
- You’ll work closely with project team members to propose design solutions for the business partner’s anticipated needs, gaps and goals
- You have excellent presentation skills and know that by educating project partners into the design process the project will be on a path for success
- You will be an advocate to drive and execute environmentally sustainable design solutions
- At least a bachelor’s degree in design or related field is required
- 7 – 9 years of design experience is required
- A broad understanding of design strategy methods and practices is required
- Persistent and diligent attention to detail, while maintaining overall understanding of projects
- Delivers excellent design to multiple projects or programs; achieves team targets and individual goals through successful executions of defined objectives.
- Fluency in Adobe Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) is required
- Cross platform experience in Microsoft and document management application is required
- Demonstrated strong visual, written and verbal communications skills; superior presentation skills are required
- Patient-facing design experience a plus
- Experience with designing for holistic branding systems (Print Packaging + Digital-First Solutions)
- Aftereffects or video experience not required but is a plus
Please include the link to your online portfolio on your resume and with your application to be considered for the position.
Above all else
- Friendly, thoughtful and perpetually curious
- Humble to your core with a sharp emotional intelligence
- Able to build trust, even when communicating a dissenting point of view