- New York, NY
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Gavin Freeman
As the Associate Creative Director (ACD), Website you will drive the creative and user experience (CRUX) vision for the company's portfolio of finance based websites. You support the business by driving a consistent and intuitive user experience and design framework that clearly articulates products’ value proposition to our global audiences. In the beginning you will focus on driving the overarching design direction for portfolio websites which includes creating the templates, layout, navigational principles and building out the sites’ component libraries. Over time, the scope will grow to encompass breakthrough site experiences for the growing list of portfolio products which will be launching globally. This role will work closely with Content Strategy and Product Design partners to ensure the website experience reflects the product vision and provides a sense of continuity with the product while also ensuring the website continues to be a uniquely marketing asset to drive education, support growth and engagement while also meeting the needs of wide array of audiences including consumers, merchants, media and our network partners. The ACD will be the primary creative and user experience leader for the suite of websites and will be managed by the Creative Director who is responsible for driving the creative narrative and vision globally, This person will be considered a leader within Marketing’s Creative Studio.
The ability to thrive and create a vision for work in a fast-paced, iterative, unstructured environment is critical. You’re going to partner with internal brand and creative teams, product design, and external agencies to build holistic, consistent brand systems at scale. You must be comfortable guiding teams, agencies and/or production partners, but should be willing to roll up your sleeves to do the work when necessary.
- Oversee a team of creatives and 2-5 UX and visual designers that can deliver on website requirements
- Help the new Creative Director to inspire, create and sustain a culture of excellence
- Support development of strategies to build a climate of trust, openness and respect; forge strong relationships with Marketing, Agencies, and Product Design. Breakdown barriers for your team to drive collaboration and delivery of work on time and on budget
- Work cross-functionally, balancing the needs of stakeholders and breaking down complex narratives into simple, compelling ideas
- Work with the Head of Website to create site experiences that drive product and brand education, communicate our customer commitments, and support our growth and engagement goals; and help prioritize the backlog to improve the experience and feature development.
- Collaborate with the Head of Website on prioritization for new feature development
- Develop and implement User Experience principles; optimize site UX based on user data and research
- Work with Marketing’s Creative Director, Product Marketing and Product Design to showcase product UI and features in compelling ways
- Work with Marketing’s Creative Director to set the design direction for the Marketing’s suite of websites
- Provide hands-on design and user experience expertise and thinking throughout all phases of project work
- Lead the development and on-going optimization of the website design systems. This includes page templates, navigation, web page objects.
- Bachelor's degree
- 8-10+ years experience as a creative leader with demonstrated success in leading design teams and working with agencies
- Highly experienced in website design and user experience for iconic and/or innovative global brands
- Experience defining a design approach and vision for a website experience with global scale
- Proven ability to develop a website design system and creating navigational systems that are intuitive and frictionless
- Experience analyzing data to draw insightful conclusions which can turn into site optimizations
- Display a cohesive understanding of principles that make innovative and effective digital communications, interface design and interaction design.
- A solid understanding of the marketing industry at large; an ability and a desire to adapt to the changing landscape of technology
- Team Management: Has proven ability to be both a individual contributor on a team and a inspiring manager to a team
- Thought leadership: A strong point of view; ability to contribute to the strategic development of an assignment; creative ideas and the ability to promote conceptual thinking among the team
- Cross Functional Team: a proven track record of developing cross-functional relationships with business owners, product managers, marketers, communications, legal etc.
- Exceptional communication skills: Verbal, written, interpersonal and interdepartmental
- Leadership Communication: Ability to clearly and succinctly communicate design principles and sell ideas to senior management
- Experience creating website experiences that meet the need of global brands and local customers from around the world
- Has worked within in the Financial Services and FinTech industries
- Has worked on B2B and B2C website
- Experience creating logged out website experiences as well as logged-in experiences for customers
For this TOP social media company, people are at the heart of every connection they build. They design products and deliver services that bring the world closer together—one connection at a time.
Defined by their unique culture that rewards impact. They encourage people to be bold and solve the problems they care most about. They work in small teams that move fast and iterate to develop new products. Together, they help others build stronger communities—and they're just getting started!