- Chicago, IL
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Becky Morrissey
Whirlpool is looking for a Sr. Art Director, Social to join Project X, their innovative creative team that is reimagining the way consumers interact with their brand. From the dream builders and problem slayers, to the operational masters and data maestros, to the magic makers… we want you!
Project X is leading the work for iconic brands like JennAir, KitchenAid, Whirlpool, Maytag, Amana and more. This highly visible, business-critical division will be heavily invested in increasing the total output of campaigns, content, analytics, design, experiences, digital tools and service innovations. At the edge of the Chicago Riverwalk, Project X’s North American headquarters is located in the historic Reid Murdoch Building.
In this role, you will support the Project X Creative team in the development of cohesive, powerful, and relevant brand experiences from approved concepts. You will uphold the creative vision that will enhance the customer experience through highly creative aesthetics and standards.
- Create and maintain consistent, high level visual design patterns, standards and specifications
- Reflect and express brand strategies through compelling visuals through various social channels
- Collaborate with internal and external project teams, including web/e-commerce and other channel creative leads to support multi-channel campaigns and initiatives
- Participate in the production of all creative assets across the Consumer Decision Journey
- Work with analytics teams to understand what is working and not working and pivot creative direction as appropriate
- Develop impactful, creative ideas and execution that deliver and adhere to the brand standards, ensuring cohesion and consistency
- Understand technologies and creative approaches to develop assets that are most effective in each channel
- Collaborate with key internal partners to establish goals, elevate the look and feel or our social channels and customer experiences
- Articulate creative intent to others and proactively coordinate with partners and stakeholders to bring ideas to life
- Participate in ongoing training regarding technology upgrades and new systems applicable to the position
- Continually initiate ideas to enhance the brand experience, improve customer experience and drive sales
- Create an inspired, high-performing and fully-engaged team by providing visionary ideas, feedback and clear, consistent direction
- 5+ years of digital experience with at least 2 years in a social-specific role;
- Some experience must be in an agency setting
- Consumer-based social media programs
- Led creative teams through all phases of production, edits and final execution.
- Experience with software, including Adobe Creative Suite and more
- Bachelor’s degree discipline
- Demonstrate innovative problem solving, impactful visual storytelling, and strong creative across multiple social channels and platforms
- Ability to influence audiences and stakeholders with compelling presentations that seamlessly link creative concepts to data and insights and clearly explain how the work meets the objectives outlined in the brief
- Portfolio of creative work
- Contributes ideas and builds on ideas of others, welcomes input from others to improve outcomes, and considers and expresses alternate points-of-view with respect
- Ability to respond to, consider, and incorporate feedback and requests with a constructive, can-do attitude
- Demonstrates bias for action approach—quickly and decisively taking action when opportunity arises without waiting to be asked
- Driven to raise the bar, challenge the status quo, and experiment with approaches outside of his/her comfort zone to deliver results and create impact
Tasked with innovating the consumer experience and building the future of marketing at Whirlpool, Project X is the next generation of in-house advertising, storytelling and experience. With deep support from executive leadership, armed with the latest digital marketing tools, and award-winning creative and experience talent, our goal is nothing short of super-charging Whirlpool Corporation through investing in creativity and improving consumers’ lives inside millions of homes.
Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is the world’s leading kitchen and laundry appliance company, with approximately $19 billion in annual sales, 78,000 employees and 57 manufacturing and technology research centers in 2020. The company markets Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, JennAir, Indesit and other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world.
Whirlpool Corporation is consistently recognized by FORTUNE as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies. Our values are the driving force behind everything we do. Integrity, Respect, Inclusion & Diversity, One Whirlpool, and Spirit of Winning propel our teams to excellence. Get to know us and see what it's like to be part of a company that is in constant pursuit of improving life at home.
At Whirlpool Corporation, we value and celebrate diversity. Whirlpool Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity and prohibits any discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable law.