- Chicago, IL
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Becky Morrissey
Whirlpool is looking for a Sr. Copywriter, Social to join Project X, their innovative creative team that is reimagining the way consumers interact with their brand. From the dream builders and problem slayers, to the operational masters and data maestros, to the magic makers… we want you!
Project X is leading the work for iconic brands like JennAir, KitchenAid, Whirlpool, Maytag, Amana and more. This highly visible, business-critical division will be heavily invested in increasing the total output of campaigns, content, analytics, design, experiences, digital tools and service innovations. At the edge of the Chicago Riverwalk, Project X’s North American headquarters is located in the historic Reid Murdoch Building.
In this role, you will support the Creative team in the development of cohesive, powerful, and relevant brand experiences across multiple channels. You will uphold the creative vision that will enhance the customer experience through creating compelling copy that adheres to brand standards.
- Bring creative ideas to life across a wide scope of unique projects
- Reflect and express brand strategies through compelling content
- Research relevant industry topics to identify new and original content that’s relevant to the customer experience
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of campaign objectives and devise strategies to achieve them
- Participate in the production of all creative assets across the Consumer Decision Journey
- Collaborate closely with creative teams and with key brand partners to support the development of powerhouse creative that meets brand strategy and drives action
- Support and realize the creative vision by writing copy for multiplatform, multichannel campaigns
- Create content for digital channels (owned & paid) as well as Whirlpool social media channels
- Develop impactful, creative ideas and execution that deliver and adhere to the brand standards, ensuring cohesion and consistency
- Maintain deep knowledge of style guide and apply across all work
- Articulate creative intent to others and proactively coordinate with partners and stakeholders to bring ideas to life
- Participate in a collaborative working environment across creative disciplines and across the agency
- 5+ years of experience as an in-house or agency copywriter or experience in another professional writing capacity
- Relevant brand experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Able to accept feedback to continually improve work
- Problem-solving mentality; self-motivated and strong intuition about brand development and execution
- Collaborative, generous team player, ready to share ideas and willing to build on the ideas of others
- A problem solver and story-teller, who is able to frame challenges in an interesting way and collaborate with teams to inspire unexpected ideas
- Deep, up-to-date knowledge on social media copy strategy
- Ability to collaborate with teams to facilitate and achieve business goals
- Ability to quickly analyze and synthesize a concept from idea to execution
- Master’s degree in Creative Writing or another relevant discipline
Tasked with innovating the consumer experience and building the future of marketing at Whirlpool, Project X is the next generation of in-house advertising, storytelling and experience. With deep support from executive leadership, armed with the latest digital marketing tools, and award-winning creative and experience talent, our goal is nothing short of super-charging Whirlpool Corporation through investing in creativity and improving consumers’ lives inside millions of homes.
Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is the world’s leading kitchen and laundry appliance company, with approximately $19 billion in annual sales, 78,000 employees and 57 manufacturing and technology research centers in 2020. The company markets Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, JennAir, Indesit and other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world.
Whirlpool Corporation is consistently recognized by FORTUNE as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies. Our values are the driving force behind everything we do. Integrity, Respect, Inclusion & Diversity, One Whirlpool, and Spirit of Winning propel our teams to excellence. Get to know us and see what it's like to be part of a company that is in constant pursuit of improving life at home.
At Whirlpool Corporation, we value and celebrate diversity. Whirlpool Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity and prohibits any discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable law.