- Job Terms:
- Start date:
A leader in Personal Financial Management and one of our valued Fortune 500 clients, is in need of a long term freelance Copywriter to join their growing team. This career defining long term freelance role is based in NYC, remote for now, with the opportunity to extend, 5 paid sick days, Healthcare Benefits, FlexSpend, more.
About This Client:
In addition to helping their clients reach their maximum financial potential, our Client is committed to Diversity and Giving Back. Examples include The Women’s Network which enhances the experience of women professionals, The Firm-wide Black Network aims to enhance professional advancement for Black employees, and Community Networks where employees work in partnership with over 700 non-profit organizations world-wide.
What You Will Do:
- Under direction of Creative Director, as Copywriter you will be responsible for translating business goals and objectives into compelling marketing copy that helps readers to understand the topic matter and motivates them to take action.
- The main scope is writing copy for participant engagement materials for the client’s Personal Financial Management. Writing assignments will span B2C (personal investor households) and B2B audiences (registered independent advisory firms).
- As Copywriter must be exceptional at collaborating with peers, managers, and creative directors on conceptual development and the drafting/editing of copy for various types of promotional materials for all media (print, digital, social).
- Manage multiple assignments simultaneously and coordinate with partners in project management, product, design, marketing management, legal/compliance to assure quality, timeliness, and accuracy of marketing materials.
What You Need:
- The ideal candidate has at least 5 years of corporate and / or agency copywriting experience. Demonstrated success creating innovative marketing concepts as well as executing integrated campaigns. Experience writing copy for financial services, particularly wealth management and investment services. Strong conceptual skills and experience collaborating with design partners, SMEs and others within a professional work environment
- Strong copywriting / copyediting skills for consumer audiences and also for business audiences
- Ability to develop innovative solutions for a broad range of marketing initiatives including sales materials, direct marketing, email marketing, advertising, event marketing, web content, videos, mobile platforms, social media and other marketing vehicles
- Capable of managing multiple assignments simultaneously and coordinating with peers in project management, product, design, marketing management, legal/compliance to assure quality, timeliness of marketing materials.
- Ability to collaborate on solutions to business challenges, present the work and defend the work from concept to execution, conduct research autonomously, and sift through any provided source materials, to distill and fully flesh out the story flow on assignments
- Excellent presentation, collaboration and interpersonal communication skills, organized, detail orientated, dependable with a positive attitude
- Experience with Microsoft Office, especially Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- A portfolio of previous work that demonstrates concept and copywriting capabilities
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in English, communications, advertising, marketing, public relations, journalism, or similar.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite helpful
- Candidates must be prepared to submit writing samples, and take a writing test during the interview process.
What is it like working with AQUENT? I’m glad you asked! Freelancing long-term with AQUENT gets you access to some pretty cool things including:
- Subsidized health & dental benefits after your first (4) weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k), access to FSA Program; direct deposit for your paycheck; access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
- Free online courses via Aquent’s Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com;
- ·AQUENT support: your AQUENT Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you’re happy and progressing according to your expectations (we’re also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you’re close to wrapping up)
That’s it! The rest is up to you, if you are interested in this amazing opportunity please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com