- Chicago, IL
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Becky Morrissey
Whirlpool is looking for an Associate Creative Director, Social (Copy) to join Project X, their innovative creative team that is reimagining the way consumers interact with their brand. From the dream builders and problem slayers, to the operational masters and data maestros, to the magic makers… we want you!
Project X is leading the work for iconic brands like JennAir, KitchenAid, Whirlpool, Maytag, Amana and more. This highly visible, business-critical division will be heavily invested in increasing the total output of campaigns, content, analytics, design, experiences, digital tools and service innovations. At the edge of the Chicago Riverwalk, Project X’s North American headquarters is located in the historic Reid Murdoch Building.
In this role, you will support the Creative team in the development of highly conceptual and engaging campaigns and experiences that drive results and build Whirlpools brands. Your end goal will be to help solve marketing and consumer challenges that lead to business growth, powerful brands and desired customer experiences.
- Reflect and express brand strategies through compelling content
- Plan, implement, manage and monitor social media strategy in an effort to increase brand awareness, improve marketing efforts and increase sales
- Drive engagement, reach and community across various social channels and platforms
- Assist in managing the Copy team by providing regular, ongoing guidance and feedback
- Lead or implement the production of all creative assets across the Consumer Decision Journey
- Collaborate closely with Creative teams and with key brand partners to support the development of a clear voice that meets our brand strategy and enhances the Desired Consumer Experience
- Support and realize the creative vision by writing, editing, and publishing copy for multiplatform, multichannel campaigns that meet global business objectives
- Develop impactful, creative ideas and execution that deliver and adhere to the brand standards, ensuring cohesion and consistency
- Articulate creative intent to others and proactively coordinate with partners and stakeholders to bring ideas to life
- Lead and implement the production of all creative assets for the Customer Decision Journey
- Work with integrated production teams and studio to create your campaigns and experiences
- Help direct and execute the expression of those ideas across all experience media, including brand acts and integrated campaigns
- Present your ideas in a compelling way to internal audiences and clients
- Collaborate with the creative, social, influencer and connections strategists to shape thoughtful and earned and owned campaigns
- Take ownership of the creative product, continually critiquing the quality of all creative output and serve as brand steward
- Manage junior-level creatives, including hiring and orientation, training and development, workflow and performance management, and the development of a diverse, equitable, inclusive, and productive work environment that promotes creativity and innovation
- 7+ years of experience as an in-house or agency copywriter, or experience in another professional writing capacity
- Experience researching and writing content—and the ability to create smart content quickly (please include links to examples of your work in your application)
- Collaborate with teams to facilitate and achieve business goals
- Well-rounded portfolio: Demonstrating innovative problem solving, insightful storytelling, and impactful copywriting across multiple projects and media
- Skilled writer: Ability to craft brand-appropriate language in a range of styles, formats, and lengths that grabs the audience’s attention and educates, inspires and shifts consumers’ mindset and/or behavior
- Articulate presenter: Ability to influence audiences and stakeholders with compelling presentations that seamlessly link creative concepts to data and insights and clearly explain how the work meets the objectives outlined in the brief
- Open-minded collaborator: Contributes ideas and builds on ideas of others, welcomes input from others to improve outcomes, and considers and expresses alternate points-of-view with respect
- Relationship builder: Inspires trust of account, client, and creative partners through demonstrated brand and consumer knowledge, timely communication, project ownership, and accountability
- Talent mentor: Prioritizes time for team, and provides ongoing guidance and inspiration to less-experienced art directors and copywriters to assist them in personal growth and career progression
- Retail expertise: Well-versed on current retail trade environment, digital integration, shopping trends, and innovations; utilizes knowledge to inspire and support breakthrough creative solutions
- Passionate curiosity: Passion for discovering, sharing, and leveraging the latest lifestyle and pop culture trends and influences, industry news, executional approaches and techniques, etc.
- Creative resilience: Ability to respond to, consider, and incorporate feedback and requests with a constructive, can-do attitude
- Problem solver: Demonstrates bias for action approach—quickly and decisively taking action when opportunity arises without waiting to be asked
- Growth mindset: Driven to raise the bar, challenge the status quo, and experiment with approaches outside of his/her comfort zone to deliver results and create impact
- A nose for new technology, new content solutions, and a POV on the evolving media landscape
- Ability to deliver and accept feedback to continually improve Copy team's work
- Maintain deep knowledge of style guide and apply across all work
Tasked with innovating the consumer experience and building the future of marketing at Whirlpool, Project X is the next generation of in-house advertising, storytelling and experience. With deep support from executive leadership, armed with the latest digital marketing tools, and award-winning creative and experience talent, our goal is nothing short of super-charging Whirlpool Corporation through investing in creativity and improving consumers’ lives inside millions of homes.
Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is the world’s leading kitchen and laundry appliance company, with approximately $19 billion in annual sales, 78,000 employees and 57 manufacturing and technology research centers in 2020. The company markets Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, JennAir, Indesit and other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world.
Whirlpool Corporation is consistently recognized by FORTUNE as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies. Our values are the driving force behind everything we do. Integrity, Respect, Inclusion & Diversity, One Whirlpool, and Spirit of Winning propel our teams to excellence. Get to know us and see what it's like to be part of a company that is in constant pursuit of improving life at home.
At Whirlpool Corporation, we value and celebrate diversity. Whirlpool Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity and prohibits any discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable law.