- Chicago, IL
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Becky Morrissey
Whirlpool is looking for an Associate Creative Director, Social (Art) to join Project X, their innovative creative team that is reimagining the way consumers interact with their brand. From the dream builders and problem slayers, to the operational masters and data maestros, to the magic makers… we want you!
Project X is leading the work for iconic brands like JennAir, KitchenAid, Whirlpool, Maytag, Amana and more. This highly visible, business-critical division will be heavily invested in increasing the total output of campaigns, content, analytics, design, experiences, digital tools and service innovations. At the edge of the Chicago Riverwalk, Project X’s North American headquarters is located in the historic Reid Murdoch Building.
In this role, you will support the Creative team in the development of highly conceptual and engaging campaigns and experiences that drive results and build Whirlpools brands. Your end goal will be to help solve marketing and consumer challenges that lead to business growth, powerful brands and desired customer experiences.
- Collaborate closely with the Creative team and key brand partners to support the development of powerhouse creative that meets our brand strategy and financial goals
- Review and collaborate on social creative briefs and develop and refine creative ideas for social that drive poignant customer touch points and digitally transform Project X
- Develop impactful, creative ideas and execution that deliver and adhere to the brand standards, ensuring cohesion and consistency
- Work with Project X teams to align content strategies, media investment plans, and content calendars to produce and publish relevant content at the right time to the right consumers
- Present strategically sound, concepts, and ideas to clients in an effort to support overall campaign objectives
- Cultivate, invision and communicate a wide scope of unique projects that engage consumers through the customer journey
- Assist in managing the Creative team by providing regular ongoing guidance, feedback and mentoring
- Articulate creative intent to others and proactively coordinate with partners and stakeholders to bring ideas to life
- Work with integrated production teams and studio to create your campaigns and experiences
- Participate in a collaborative working environment across creative disciplines and across the Project X team
- Collaborate with the creative, social, influencer and connections strategists to shape thoughtful and earned and owned campaigns
- Keep a firm pulse on pop culture, events, and other opportunities for our clients to make waves in social
- Build strong relationships with third-party content providers in professional networking arenas, including attending/speaking at relevant events
- 7+ years of digital experience with at least 2 years in a social-specific role
- Experience in an agency or in-house creative team
- Experience with media planning, distribution, and content syndication
- Experience with consumer-based social media program
- Experience supervising direct reports
- Well-rounded portfolio: Demonstrate innovative problem solving, impactful visual storytelling, and strong creative across multiple social channels and platforms
- Articulate presenter: Ability to influence audiences and stakeholders with compelling presentations that seamlessly link creative concepts to data and insights and clearly explain how the work meets the objectives outlined in the brief
- Open-minded collaborator: Contributes ideas and builds on ideas of others, welcomes input from others to improve outcomes, and considers and expresses alternate points-of-view with respect
- Relationship builder: Inspires trust of account, client, and creative partners through demonstrated brand and consumer knowledge, timely communication, project ownership, and accountability
- Talent mentor: Prioritizes time for team and provides ongoing guidance and inspiration to less-experienced art directors and copywriters to assist them in personal growth and career progression
- Experience living in the social media universe—you’re in-the-know on all social platforms
- Retail expertise: Well-versed on current retail trade environment, digital integration, shopping trends and user experience; utilizes knowledge to inspire and support breakthrough creative solutions
- Passionate curiosity: Passion for discovering, sharing, and leveraging the latest lifestyle and pop culture trends and influences, industry news, executional approaches and techniques, etc.
- Creative resilience: Ability to respond to, consider, and incorporate feedback and requests with a constructive, can-do attitude
- Problem solver: Demonstrates bias for action approach—quickly and decisively taking action when opportunity arises without waiting to be asked
- Growth mindset: Driven to raise the bar, challenge the status quo, and experiment with approaches outside of his/her comfort zone to deliver results and create impact
Tasked with innovating the consumer experience and building the future of marketing at Whirlpool, Project X is the next generation of in-house advertising, storytelling and experience. With deep support from executive leadership, armed with the latest digital marketing tools, and award-winning creative and experience talent, our goal is nothing short of super-charging Whirlpool Corporation through investing in creativity and improving consumers’ lives inside millions of homes.
Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is the world’s leading kitchen and laundry appliance company, with approximately $19 billion in annual sales, 78,000 employees and 57 manufacturing and technology research centers in 2020. The company markets Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, JennAir, Indesit and other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world.
Whirlpool Corporation is consistently recognized by FORTUNE as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies. Our values are the driving force behind everything we do. Integrity, Respect, Inclusion & Diversity, One Whirlpool, and Spirit of Winning propel our teams to excellence. Get to know us and see what it's like to be part of a company that is in constant pursuit of improving life at home.
At Whirlpool Corporation, we value and celebrate diversity. Whirlpool Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity and prohibits any discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable law.