- New York, NY
- Job Terms:
- up to $50/hr
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Amy Izzo
Aquent's leading global financial services Client seeks an Email Marketing Manager to join its team! This role will initially run through end of 2021, with strong potential to extend beyond well beyond that timeframe.
Location: Due to COVID this role will start out remotely; seeking only candidates local to NYC market - this role is intended to be partially in-office (with flexibility) in NYC later this year.
As part of the Digital Product Evolution team in Marketing, the Email Marketing Manager will be responsible for continuing to build out our Client's email newsletter program at the corporate level. This will initially involve auditing the current practices and performances--as a way to eventually develop a more robust subscription growth and engagement strategy for the flagship newsletter.
The role also involves management of a vendor tool and program to ensure brand consistency with email across the firm. While the job requires analytic and strategic thinking, you will also need to be tactical and technical, with significant hands on experience executing email campaigns and reviewing data in platform.
The Email Marketing Manager will be responsible for: understanding user journeys, analysing existing data, developing audience segmentation, managing vendor relationships, determining drivers of change, and facilitating opportunities to grow based on data and integration. You should be someone who can see the whole picture as it relates to email marketing.
- Provide strategic and tactical leadership in building the team’s email program of its flagship newsletter. This includes work focused on growing subscription numbers (e.g. pursuing new channels for developing audience), improving engagement (e.g. segmentation, personalization, preference center development, lapsed subscriber re-engagement) and conversion optimizations (e.g. testing & learn program).
- Deliver weekly insights to leadership based off email and web traffic data to further grow our audience and drive the email program. Work closely with other email stakeholders—UX,
content, production--to ensure insights lead to changes to improve engagement.
- Become a Subject Matter Expert for email best practices, developing documentation that can be shared around the firm with other teams.
- Manage Marketing’s instance of Salesforce Marketing Cloud and serve as the subject matter expert (SME) of the tool, identifying areas of optimization for our newsletter program leveraging
features and functionality of the tool that may be underutilized. As the SME, the position will also provide advisory to other teams needing email support. The Product Owner will attend
regular meetings with the Salesforce account team and partner with the vendor to advance our use and adoption of the tool.
- Oversee and own the internal pilot of an email templating vendor platform, Stensul. Become the subject matter expert of the tool, collect business requirements and issues, and liaise with the
vendor to help develop their roadmap to address our needs. Provide communications with the pilot participants on known bugs, tips and tricks, product enhancements, and pilot program
- Provide vendor management of key digital vendor platforms for email that are leveraged across multiple business units. This includes regular vendor check-ins, budgeting, contractual terms,
product roadmap awareness and education, stakeholder representation, risk management, and assessment of professional services requirements. Ensure that product and service requirements
are met while staying ahead of new capabilities and product releases.
- Put together a strategy and tactical backlog of items that need to be completed in order to decommission a legacy (in-house developed) email templating tool. This will occur only when
the pilot of Stensul is ready for full production use at the Firm.
- 5+ years of experience in email marketing and strategy
- 3+ years of hands-on experience executing campaigns in an enterprise email campaign tool (Salesforce Marketing Cloud preferred)
- 2+ years of experience with Adobe Analytics preferred
- Strong technical skills with an eagerness and aptitude to learn new tools and skills required
- Demonstrated use of analytical and problem solving skills to drive marketing results
- Strong communication skills and technical understanding to communicate with both business leaders and technologists
- Experience in financial services or other regulated sector preferred
- Collaborative and at ease in a cross-disciplinary, matrixed organization
- Advanced Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel skills with comfort in presenting to large groups of stakeholders
- Basic project management skills including:
* Gathering, documenting and tracking detailed requirements and next steps
* Leading agendas of large meetings and keeping individuals accountable for action items identified in these meetings.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Sense of humor is a plus