- Remote- CST or EST
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Debra Powell
If you have healthcare innovation and product development experience, this exciting opportunity to help manage a pre-launch pilot program is for you!
Our client is seeking an individual who has an understanding on innovation, program management and project management in healthcare.
Healthcare or medical device industry experience preferably with digital products
8+ years experience
Bachelors Degree or Masters preferred
Project or program management experience
Experience working with multiple stakeholders
Someone who can operate independently
This role will focus on development of pilot programs with external partners where no plug & play solutions exists, and with a strong focus on commercial outcomes.
The Innovation Pilot Leader will work closely together with Franchise Organizations, Business Development, Commercial Organizations and other functions on the definition of partnership pilots, with the goal of developing new product bundles, product pilots and commercial models.
The ideal candidate has a strong background in entrepreneurship or intrapreneurship and has experience working in agile environments, familiarity with new product development, program management and delivering projects from idea through execution following a structured product development methodology. Strong focus on developing, validating and scaling commercially viable products and developing and executing pilots involving solution providers and utilizing 3rd party partners and new business models that have the potential to meet growth ambitions.
As a dot-connector and master networker, the candidate builds a portfolio of innovation partnerships to search and deploy innovation initiatives on demand. Furthermore, the candidate identifies cutting edge expertise, skills and knowledge and educates teams and leaders in how this knowledge will enable the company to identify, develop and commercialize patient and customer value faster and more effective. The candidate is comfortable working in a global, matrix environment with high business complexity and high levels of business uncertainty.
Looking for a self-starter who can work independently and is problem solver with the ability to connect ideas together and develop a solution. Proven ability to develop plans, design solutions and present to executive audiences is a requirement. Experience in a start-up and large global corporate environments within healthcare, pharma, diagnostics, medtech and/or experience on the payer/provider side of the value equation is preferred.
The Open Innovation Pilot Leader is part of a Digital Franchise and works in close collaboration and alignment with Global teams.
Develop partnerships and build pilot programs with third-party partners such as digital health start-ups and integrated delivery networks (IDN), health systems, and self-insured employers.
- Plan and lead new pilot programs with stakeholders and internal teams such as Franchise Teams, Business Development, Medical & Scientific Affairs, R&D, Commercial Teams, Regions and Affiliates
- Define and develop pilot programs that may combine company’s product with 3rd party digital health start-up partner product with a health system, medical research organization.
- Work closely together with Global and Regional business leaders and teams on defining business needs, business objectives, business challenges and priorities
- Develops new pilot execution plan and new innovation pilot roadmap
- Builds pilot objectives and business case to determine pilot success and presents to executive groups for investment and launch approval.
- Leads initiatives as assigned related to Digital Franchise and new product development, pilots and new product development process. Accelerates innovation and new product partnerships.
- Proven track record & experience working in Startups, Incubators, Accelerators or enterprise innovation environment
- Has experience and competencies across Lean Startup, Design Thinking, Agile Design & Agile Development, VC funding process, Business Model Development and Business Model Validation, Lean Business Model experiments, Customer Development, Lean Analytics, Traction Model, Sales Funnel, Pirate Metrics
·Degree/ experience in Entrepreneurship/ Intrapreneurship a plus
· Familiar with Pirate Metrics, Lean Analytics to inform evidence based decision making
·Digital prototyping, service prototyping, business model prototyping
·Strong facilitation skills
· Access to innovation eco-systems a plus
· Strong networking and scouting skills
· Demonstrated ability to lead in an uncertain and complex business environment with competing priorities
· Strong communications (written and verbal), negotiation, and problem solving skills.
·Strong level of self-motivation and ability to work independently.
· Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 30%, including overnight stays.
Education Bachelor of Arts/Science required; Masters preferred.
Minimum 10 years of experience.