- Remote (PST Hours)
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Tova Dodge
This Design Studio in a large tech org is looking for a talented interaction designer who is passionate about working on complex products with multiple personas and workstreams. You will help design a tool for data analytics! We want to rethink how big data is collected, presented, and consumed, in a user-friendly way. Through research and iterative design, we are excited to empower more people to use data analytics to learn about their products and users.
Our design and research team working on the forefront of new experiences for our customers in search, maps, advertising, and news. We collaborate in a customer-driven environment where our decisions are grounded in responsible design, creating experiences that make the web a better place. If you’re passionate about technology, have a knack for creative ideas, and lead with a growth mindset, we want to hear from you.
You possess superb interaction design skills that allow you to translate user research and process into an intuitive simple design.
You ask questions, find answers, and figure out how to distill a vision or idea into an effective design solution.
You collaborate with diverse teams and enjoy working with others to co-create designs that understand and address both the needs of the business and the needs of the consumer.
You think about the big picture and recognize that the best user experiences consider much more than a user interface.
You are a consumer advocate and human-centered design evangelist.
As a UX Designer on this team, you will:
• Exhibit strong innovative thinking that encourages and excites others to do the same.
• Collaborate with stakeholders to research and ideate complicated workflows and interaction patterns to deliver low and high-fidelity design prototypes.
• Utilize visual communication/design skills to render delightful and effective experience designs.
• Learn the company's design language and systems and utilize these design systems effectively within your work.
• Partner with your fellow designers, researchers, stakeholders/partners, and consumers to execute human-centered design methodologies that create accessible, inclusive, and desirable products.
• Create and support a diverse and inclusive culture where all voices are heard and where we are enabled to do our best work.
• A portfolio that demonstrates strong interaction design principles and patterns, an understanding of communication/design skills, effective problem-solving, and a commitment to human-centered design.
• Understanding of user-centered design concepts, including a basic understanding of UX research and design methodologies, processes, and tools.
• Ability to collaborate across teams and roles to create, define, deliver, and support effective experiences.
• A continual learner who integrates new learnings into their work on a continued basis.
• Designer work experience (internships, educational activities, etc.). Ideally working with big data, machine learning, data visualization, data reporting.
• Experience using a corporate design language (eg. Microsoft Fluent, Google Material)
• Basic understanding of front-end development technologies (HTML, CSS, etc.).
• BA/BS degree (or equivalent experience) in a design-related field (e.g. HCI, HCDE, Graphic Design, Informatics, etc.).
Our client is a large technology company based in Redmond, Washington with a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. They develop computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. This company enables digital transformation for the era of an intelligent cloud and an intelligent edge.
Working here, you will be part of a company that values:
- Diversity and inclusion
- Corporate social responsibility
- Trustworthy computing
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.