- San Francisco, CA OR Austin, Texas OR Chicago, IL
- Job Terms:
- $60-90/hour (DOE) W2 + benefits & 401K
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Chelsea Caudill
We are seeking a best-in-class Senior UX designer for our mobile design team. The ideal candidate will be a UX/UI Hybrid Designer. You will be working on our highly ranked mobile apps for both iOS and Android. You will help craft next generation experiences that will lead in the fintech mobile space and contribute to our design system. This team is in need of someone who has Android chops, as that's the biggest gap on the current team.
This role can sit in Austin, Texas, San Francisco, CA or Chicago, IL.
Sr. UX Designer (Android) responsibilities:
• Craft next generation experiences that lead the mobile space.
• Work with the UX Leadership team to think holistically across the connected experience for Schwab customers.
• You will partner with leadership for the responsive web, Chat/Intelligent Assistant, Product Management, our dev partners, and the Schwab design system team.
• You are a systems thinker and who understands how to leverage existing interaction patterns and innovate where it adds the most value.
• You are a practitioner of Design Thinking methods.
• You will consult with the web team on responsive designs to bridge the experience between web and mobile, utilizing the underlying OS patterns where it creates efficiencies but know when to create signature experiences that span across the product family.
• You understand design systems, how to apply them, and how to contribute to them.
• You focus on outcomes and how to get things done within a large company. You understand leading through influence.
• You are comfortable with ambiguity, but you drive towards clarity and purpose.
• You have experience with both iOS, Android and responsive web design.
In addition to the requirements above, you’ll do:
• Facilitate collaborative design sessions including sketching and ideation.
• Lead design reviews and drive decisions.
• Effectively “sell” design solutions to partners through design storytelling and by demonstrating trace-ability in the design thinking.
• Represent the design team brand, and deliver a consistent design process to partners.
• Understand great designs are achieved iteratively.
• Visualize ideas in a clear form (sketch, diagram, wireframe or prototype) and provide appropriate level documentation.
• Set expectations with the project team and prioritize activities.
• Create and maintain design schedules.
• Communicate status and agreements with project team.
• Review work with UX managers, keep them updated on project status and escalate items appropriately.
• Coordinate with the UX Research team on usability testing, heuristic reviews, ethnography studies and ensuring that our design decisions are based on data.
Design Expertise and Execution
• Maintain the high standards set by the group.
• Conduct the primary design activities, create deliverables and conduct QA at an expert level.
• Participate and support research efforts.
• Commit to improving our process and methods with an emphasis on both effectiveness and efficiency.
Teamwork, Collaboration and Engagement
• Work well with all partners to deliver work.
• Support UX team members.
• Strategically listen to feedback and help guide the delivery
• Collaborative and cooperative.
• Has a design position but is not rigidly fixed when presented with new information.
• Passionate about team, our mission and the needs of our partners and users.
• Enthusiastic about UX design.
Empathy & Curiosity
• Understand user needs, walking in their shoes when possible.
• Focus on innovation and improvement.
• Regularly learns more about design theory, practice and tools.
Why your work matters:
• You will support an engaged set of users who rely on our products to manage their financial lives
• By researching and understanding the user needs you will be able to impact how our users do business with Schwab.
• You will learn how to balance functionality against complexity on a highly visible platform which serves millions of advisors and retail customers.
It’s not often that we get to say “yeah, but just listen to what they offer…” about our larger clients. Most people look at the awesome job description, then read “Financial Services Industry” and move on. We’ve heard it a thousand times! Know what else we’ve heard at this client just as much? “Wow! I’m so glad I took this job! This is not your father’s financial services company!”
Work here and experience:
- Opportunities to work with cutting-edge digital business strategies & projects
- Huge work-life balance culture
- Diversity-focused workplace
- Strong potential for temp-to-perm conversion (almost half of the people we've placed here have converted to a permanent position, either the one they're working in, or in a related department)
- Great Aquent community to work with onsite, including our bi-annual talent recognition program, which stems from the client managers’ own feedback (read: they’re engaged and interested in your future!)
- Don’t forget the massive points on your resume for being part of a cutting-edge team, leading the way in breathing fresh air into the financial services industry
With a customer experience focus in mind, our client is leading the way in the financial industry with their digital marketing & technology platforms. They recognize that today’s customers are technically savvy & independent as well as highly creative, and they’re working to be the best at serving them. We see this through how they are building platforms that allow customers to take ownership of their financial future, using video, animation, and social media to market to the end user. Their in-house digital agency has won numerous IHAF awards for their tools and cutting-edge technology. Working with this company, you would be working with groups and/or department such as an IHAF awarded digital agency, user experience, product development, communication strategy team and much more talented professionals like yourself. Come join us!