- Los Angeles, California 90071
- Job Terms:
- $50-59/hour W2 (DOE) + benefits & 401K
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Chelsea Caudill
AQUENT is seeking a Sr. B2B Brand Marketing Manager Lead for a ~6month contract in LA with a financial client. AQUENT offers a W2 hourly pay rate, benefits, and a matching 401K. The Brand Marketing Manager will be supporting the Brand pod and the ’21 Brand advertising campaign. This person will also support and lead additional Brand-related programs and activities.
Role summary: This role will execute on our client's business priorities for one of our key distribution partner firms, and acts as the primary interface to the client segment team for this business. Helps to define the marketing strategy for their area of responsibility with senior business leaders and ensures execution is aligned to marketing and business objectives. Builds a broad and deep understanding of the business landscape, the audience(s) and client(s) served, the competitive environment and marketing best practices.
Brand Marketing Manager (B2B) Primary responsibilities/essential functions:
- Establishes the business priorities for the audience working with the XC audience senior manager, client segment team and business group senior leaders.
- Defines the business problem by partnering with senior leaders to develop the situation assessment, identify business opportunities in order to crisply define the problem to solve. A solid understanding of our industry, business model and competitive positioning is required to achieve this.
- Develops and implements the overall marketing strategy for the target audience to achieve the desired change in audience behavior or attitudes.
- Partners with marketing research, sales and product teams to develop powerful audience insights that drive the achievement of business objectives. Maintains knowledge of research and in-field techniques to develop the customer empathy required to distill the insight. Translates business opportunity into marketing actions by developing (with the XC audience senior manager as appropriate) the marketing brief from which the go-to-market plan will be developed.
- Partners with cross-functional marketing team to develop and deploy marketing programs aligned to the business objectives and strategies by leading an agile team and delivering via agile methodologies and practices.
- Translates business problems into creative direction by developing a focused brief. Evaluate creative via this brief, and be able to provide effective and constructive creative feedback during creative development.
- Maintains a key client-facing role along with senior marketing managers (where applicable). Travel occasionally in the field (up to 10% of time) to engage with the audience and clients.
- Establish peer-to-peer relationships with marketing professionals at Edward Jones.
- Acts as a marketing co-representative with key strategic relationships. Lead the establishment and the delivery of the joint score card for the target audience.
- Measures audience engagement with marketing efforts
- racks and records changes in attitudes or behaviors over time
- Uses data to design and adapt marketing activities in real time to maximize success. Course- corrects marketing activities in order to achieve audience goals.
- Determines ROI of marketing activities
Brand Marketing Manager (B2B) Skills/qualifications:
- Demonstrates ability to effectively plan and manage the work of diverse, multiple teams.
- Demonstrates ability to influence groups and/or more senior associates.
- Demonstrates judgment in resolving matters of high complexity.
- Demonstrates intellectual curiosity and analytical skills in areas of moderate complexity.
- Demonstrates ability to collaborate and develop/maintain working relationships inside and outside the organization to enable effective completion of business objectives. Demonstrates effectiveness in leading/facilitating a variety of meetings.
- Demonstrates ability to lead and manage projects across multiple teams or groups.
- Demonstrates good knowledge of current marketing technology, tools and digital channels, including social media, search, content marketing.
- Must have 7-10 years of experience in financial services marketing, with asset management / wealth management / mutual fund marketing experience preferred.